Concerned About Indies Weight Loss

julzjc

Julzjc did they do barium Xrays of his digestive system.. so they could follow it thru, and note any problems ? It just seems odd - that he's playing etc .. but finds the thought of eating repugnant .

The only other dogs I've seen grieving have not wanted to interact with anyone ...

They wanted to wait and do barium this Friday if he is still not eating, but if he gets more lethargic they want to take him in straight away to do it.

I was going to call them first thing tomorrow morning and ask them to take him in sooner as he hadnt eaten anything (excluding a small amount of nutrigel yesterday) since that 1/4 BBQ chicken on thursday but........

HE JUST ATE 3 BOILED SAUSAGES AND 4 RAW EGGS!!! :thumbsup:

Not getting my hopes up too much but its a start, first half decent feed since Bonnie died 3weeks ago.

Typical Sibe, I go buy the nutrigel and A/D and he decides to eat proper food. Havent triedto force the A/D yet, I scared him enough trying to make him take the nutrigel, got a wet trouser leg for my efforts.

Tried taking him out with us for a picnic today , he was REALLY intrested in the smell of the food but not eating it when we gave it too him. He ran around a little bit with my nephews and had a zoomie moment, was so great to see him enjoying himself.

When we got home, I imediatatly ditched the kids (bad mother that I am) and went to fix him a meal since he was so happy. HE WOLFED IT DOWN! So happy that he has finally eaten something. Fingers crossed he keeps it up as he is looking even worse than before and is loosing his coat in a big way (you would think I had 3 Sibes blowing coat in my house at the moment).

:D Finally a happy post!

Ill see what tomorrow brings and see if I still need to push up his next appointment. Fingers crossed he's turned the corner!

That's fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HEY GUYS ..........

P4060113.jpg

3 Pork steaks!!!!!!!

:happydance::rock::champagne::party::dancingelephant:

He was hanging out for Pork Steaks :laugh:

Fantastic news!! Go Indie :thumbsup:

SSSSHHHHHHH....that was supposed to be dinner tonight ;)

:shhh: We won't tell but the :party::happydance2: noise may give us away

SO so so happy!

This "trying not to get my hopes up too much" bit isnt really working...

:dancingelephant::dancingelephant::dancingelephant:

Just praying that this is it, that he keeps eating. Watching him investigate the first steak was like watching paint dry! He just kept licking it, walking off, licking it, walking off. Then he seemed to have a bit of a hard time eating it so I started kicking myself for not cutting it up and perhaps putting him off eating it. All of a sudden you could see the light bulb turn on, I have NEVER seen him eat with such gutso before. Devoured it like he hadnt eaten in weeks (which he hadnt), so chuffed right now!

Good news- just hope his tummy doesn't get upset with all this beautiful food!! :)

Pork steaks are much better for Indie than for your tea :p Lovely photo!!

:p Better go buy something for dinner...dont think the OH would be too happy at Indie getting pork steaks whilst he gets a toasted sandwich lol. He will still be chuffed though, just better make something to rival Indies dinner lol.

He would have kept eating by the looks of it but dont want to let him eat anymore today....ok 3 pork steaks isnt exactly keeping it small but couldnt help giving him them when he was managing to eat and keeping it down. First time Ive managed to feel his stomach in a while, so nice to feel a firm waist for once.

HUGE thankyou to all of you for helping me out with him and all of your kind thoughts, greatly appriciated! :grouphug: Julzx

SO so so happy!Just praying that this is it, that he keeps eating. Watching him investigate the first steak was like watching paint dry! He just kept licking it, walking off, licking it, walking off. Then he seemed to have a bit of a hard time eating it so I started kicking myself for not cutting it up and perhaps putting him off eating it. All of a sudden you could see the light bulb turn on, I have NEVER seen him eat with such gutso before. Devoured it like he hadnt eaten in weeks (which he hadnt), so chuffed right now!

I know this will be a challenge but try really really hard NOT to hover around the food... it might increase his anxiety.

Indi and the pork steaks reminds me of that wonderful scene in the movie Shirley Valentine with the bloodhound? and the steak.

SO so so happy!Just praying that this is it, that he keeps eating. Watching him investigate the first steak was like watching paint dry! He just kept licking it, walking off, licking it, walking off. Then he seemed to have a bit of a hard time eating it so I started kicking myself for not cutting it up and perhaps putting him off eating it. All of a sudden you could see the light bulb turn on, I have NEVER seen him eat with such gutso before. Devoured it like he hadnt eaten in weeks (which he hadnt), so chuffed right now!

I know this will be a challenge but try really really hard NOT to hover around the food... it might increase his anxiety.

Indi and the pork steaks reminds me of that wonderful scene in the movie Shirley Valentine with the bloodhound? and the steak.

Havent seen that one sorry PF.

Its all good, I was inside the house, watching him from a distance through the window. I just threw him a steak and closed the verandah gate and backdoor so he couldnt go bury it (usual routine with him and Bonnie), then threw him another one when he had finished the first etc. Just nipped outside to get a quick photo on the last one, then left him alone to finish it. Left him outside for a good 15min afterwards and didnt make a deal of it when I let him in.

Now to tempt him tomorrow with less expense cuts of meat lol, wish me luck!