The Vacuum Cleaner Must Eat Toys

wagsalot

Everytime I pull the vacuum cleaner out (which can be twice a day!), as soon as Riley sees it he runs around and grabs all his toys that are out, and puts them in his bed.

It's like he thinks the vacuum cleaner will eat them and he has to save them all.

Once they're all in his bed he sits there and guards them and once the vacuum cleaner is put away he plays with them all, and once again they're spread all over the lounge room floor (until the toy eating machine comes back out again)

The broom must eat biscuits as well, as when I get the broom out to sweep the laundry floor where Riley's bowl is, if theres any biscuits left, he'll run out and gobble them all up as soon as he sees the broom.

I swear I've never sucked a toy up in the vacuum cleaner, and I don't sweep the dog bowl :laugh:

Aww that's so cute!

Spence is similar. He'll swoop in and 'rescue' his toys if I get too close to them with the vacuum. And sometimes he'll return after relocating them to a safe distance and charge the vacuum and growl just for good measure :laugh:

Monte runs away from the vaccum and thinks I'm chasing him with it because he always goes to a room that is next to be done :laugh:

The dry food issue is the same in our house, when I go to brush up all the bits that have made it out of the bowl he will try and steal the food out of the dust pan..

:rofl: oh Riley

Emmy thinks the same with the mower. I bring the mower out and she quickly runs around the yard getting all her toys and putting it on the laundry and stands in front of the laundry door watching the evil mower so it stays away from her toys. Once I put the mower away... the toys are out again.

Emmy has a love/hate relationship with the broom. Their relationship is getting better now though, she realise if she stands on the couch and has clear view of the broom, then it's ok.

It's each for his own in this house when the vacuum comes out. Stuff the toys, my two are running for safety :laugh:

My OH has been known to "dusta busta" the dog :laugh: Stupid thing is he just stands there. I think he actually likes it

It's each for his own in this house when the vacuum comes out. Stuff the toys, my two are running for safety :laugh:

My OH has been known to "dusta busta" the dog :laugh: Stupid thing is he just stands there. I think he actually likes it

Ava was fine with the vacuum until she got really curious one day and got her schnoz suctioned :laugh: She is a lot more careful these days...

Ava was fine with the vacuum until she got really curious one day and got her schnoz suctioned :laugh: She is a lot more careful these days...

:laugh: That's what happened to Emmy too... she stays away from the vacuum now.

Hehe... too cute...

My girl runs to the furthest room or to the back of the garage, she hates it. She's even balanced herself on a window ledge (indoors!) once whilst shooting evil stares at the vacuum cleaner.

My foster on the other hand couldnt care less and lets me vacuum him... he'll even back into it he is enjoying the attention so much!

:laugh: that is so cute. I have Jet outside if I am vacuuming only because he gets in the way. Same with mowing. He will run around the mower and barks thinking it's a game or something.

Riley's tidying up for you, how perfect :laugh:

I have to spend 10 minutes picking up toys and 'bits' of toys, leaves, bark and toilet rolls before I can even get the vaccum near the floor. I'd have Riley's little quirk implanted in my dogs any day.

:laugh: Now why doesn't that work for kids?

:confused:

I remember growing up that if my mum gets in her cleaning moods and we have our things laying around, it all goes in the trash. She doesn't care what it. She once threw out my brother's new Game boy because it was laying on the floor.

Everytime I pull the vacuum cleaner out (which can be twice a day!), as soon as Riley sees it he runs around and grabs all his toys that are out, and puts them in his bed.

It's like he thinks the vacuum cleaner will eat them and he has to save them all.

Once they're all in his bed he sits there and guards them and once the vacuum cleaner is put away he plays with them all, and once again they're spread all over the lounge room floor (until the toy eating machine comes back out again)

The broom must eat biscuits as well, as when I get the broom out to sweep the laundry floor where Riley's bowl is, if theres any biscuits left, he'll run out and gobble them all up as soon as he sees the broom.

I swear I've never sucked a toy up in the vacuum cleaner, and I don't sweep the dog bowl :laugh:

Video, or none of this happens rofl1.gif