Is This For Real?!

jacqui835

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

better debarked then dead in some instances

Completely agree if wasn't for de barking their would be a lot of heartbroken family's that would have had to

have had their family pet put to sleep.

For goodness sake what's wrong with an anesthetic for 5 minute operation to cauterize the vocal cords to keep the bark lower.

Sorry apologies OT

One day in a perfect world people will take the responsibility of pet ownership seriously, they will choose the breed that suits their needs and capabilities and they will put in the hard yards. Until that day we will continue to have adds such as these.

There is no perfect dog, there is no perfect breed and that is the reality of it.

Dobermann is not a dog for just anyone. More often then not they don't fit with people lifestyles. They are not an easy breed and most people are to lazy to provide what the dog needs. Better research would help but most think that dobes are smart and don't need much training. Forgetting they are super energetic working and thinking breed

Yeah, they have so much to offer under the right conditions, but they're certainly not the breed for everyone. And he's always been energetic, but since switching him to an all natural raw diet, he's just a machine...

It just breaks my heart because dobermans become sooo attached to their owners. I remember when I got mine, the breeder was so thorough about ensuring that we were the right people to own him and would always be able to keep him, because she said that although she would take him back, they'd had a lot of trouble rehoming them after they'd bonded to their first home (she'd had and bred dobes for over 30 years).

Advert: Person wanting a free puppy for very young child;any breed would do!! I wish that people had to sit a test and get a license to own an animal .

Agree ... but I think they should also have to sit a test before they have kids too .... ;)

In my perfect world there would be no animals in pet shops.You would need to apply to a registered breeder for a pet; so as to be screened a suitable owner. All pups and kittens desexed before sale unless to another registered breeder.Is this likely to ever happen or should i just dream on.

In my perfect world there would be no animals in pet shops.You would need to apply to a registered breeder for a pet; so as to be screened a suitable owner. All pups and kittens desexed before sale unless to another registered breeder.Is this likely to ever happen or should i just dream on.

If there was screening for suitable owners, you wouldn't need to sell all dogs desexed. I do not personally like desexed dogs and yet I think my dog has a very good home. It does affect their personalities and looks, so we should have a choice. But I agree that all owners should be screened before hand, especially for these sorts of breeds.

Of course I'd say the same about having children...

Was just trying to think of a way to keep pets out of the hands of those puppy farmers.I agree though if you are screened as a responsible owner you should be able to say get a permit to keep a not desexed animal;much the same as a registered dog breeder.

I love the ads that say""Free to good home 10 year old dog owner relocating real estate won't allow pets".JMPO but this one makes my blood boil.How can you have a pet for so long then give it up for rental reasons.I am a renter always have been always will be and have done so with dogs for 20 years.I don't hide them I just find a place that lets me have them.I've been lucky to stay in this area but if I couldn't I would relocate to where I can!I would never give up my four legged kids for love nor money.

I love the ads that say""Free to good home 10 year old dog owner relocating real estate won't allow pets".JMPO but this one makes my blood boil.How can you have a pet for so long then give it up for rental reasons.I am a renter always have been always will be and have done so with dogs for 20 years.I don't hide them I just find a place that lets me have them.I've been lucky to stay in this area but if I couldn't I would relocate to where I can!I would never give up my four legged kids for love nor money.

These ads make me really angry also :mad imagine that poor dog lived with them for so long and they just up and leave him/her :cry: some people are mean.

These ads make me really angry also :mad imagine that poor dog lived with them for so long and they just up and leave him/her :cry: some people are mean.

Agree. Some people suck.

There was (maybe still is, I stopped looking at website cause I wanted her) a purebred female Dobermann up here in PAWS. She is 5 years old and a lovely looking dog. She was described as being good with other dogs and kids and needed a dedicated owner. I wish so much I could of taken her, but we are fighting council as it is to be allowed the 3 dogs we already have. :(

I wonder what happened to her that at the age of 5 she was abandonded.

This is an add I just saw on a forum : Bullmastiff boxer x arab dane pig dog bitch for sale. 18 months old, finds and catches own, stockproof. No bad habits, regretful sale but have to many dogs.

:mad this boils my blood to many dogs and you didnt think about that before you got this one :mad

Some people just need to be totally banned from owning animals, I hate it that they treat them like objects that have no feelings :(

This is an add I just saw on a forum : Bullmastiff boxer x arab dane pig dog bitch for sale. 18 months old, finds and catches own, stockproof. No bad habits, regretful sale but have to many dogs.

:mad this boils my blood to many dogs and you didnt think about that before you got this one :mad

Some people just need to be totally banned from owning animals, I hate it that they treat them like objects that have no feelings :(

I don't see the problem with this add. There are alot on DOL that say the same thing....they are trying to do the best by the dog and get them into a home where they will receive more attention. While I couldn't personally do it, I don't have a problem with others do it if the dog ends up better off JMO

I love the ones that ask for money.OK I try to understand peoples cucumstances change(I do try)moving overseas,death in the family but to advertise an animal in the paper and then say $200 ono makes me sick.Your ditching Fido but wouldn't mind a couple of bucks!My beautiful mum died 6 years ago this week and her Tenterfield Terrier was her life.Miss Tessa May still lives with my brother today because we would never have let her go with anyone but us.What's wrong with people!

I think most times people ask for a few undred dollars so as to put off the people who only want a free dog or cannot afford to pay a few hundred dollars - as they are less likley to be able to afford the actual cost of owning a dog.

I think most times people ask for a few undred dollars so as to put off the people who only want a free dog or cannot afford to pay a few hundred dollars - as they are less likley to be able to afford the actual cost of owning a dog.

Ok true never thought of it that way,point taken. :)

I enjoy dog movies but brace myself every time. Dumb parents go out and buy "that dog from the movie" and then wonder why they have problems.

Maramaduke and Scooby Doo

101 Dalmations

Milo & Otis

To name a few.

Hope Red Dog doesn't have the same effect.

Totally OT but what breed is Scooby Doo?