Is This For Real?!

jacqui835

When you spend a lot of time here, you sometimes forget that the majority of dogs live under very different circumstances.

I can't help but keep an eye out on dobermans being sold or rehomed, and this has to be one of the worst I think I've ever seen :( How did they even get a doberman in the first place? Dobermans do not take as easily to being re-homed as some breeds and it just breaks my heart :(

Well here's what the ad said for anyone who is interested.

"i have a beautiful male dobermann that is just a bit boisterous for me and young children he has a gorgeous nature regretful sale or swap for older more obedient dog"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Willow

Sure! I'll swap my older well trained dog that I've spent a lifetime moulding & forming & bonding with for your boistrous over exuberant teenager.... :eek:

Hmm....

Very sad indeed. Although, unfortunately it doesn't suprise me either. :(

At work today we euthanased a lovely dog because he killed a chook. The chooks free range in the yard with the dog, and he decided to kill one for the first time yesterday. No attempt at all to try and separate them, just PTS the dog to "fix" the problem. :(

We find a shar pei advertised once as "swap for carton of beer". He became known as "beer boy" after that. Despite out best efforts the lady made all the right noises about surrendering him but would not cooperate with time schedules. We got him in the end as he ended up in the pound and we rescued him from there. He had a VERY distinctive colouring so we knew it was him.

Oh gosh how horrid. I was walking past a house just today, and heard the distinct sound of a debarked dog. I didn;t think that was done anymore. I can honestly say in all the time i have walked past this house, day and night, they have never tried to stop the dog barking. Nope, just took the poor things voice away. I can;t believe some people

"i have a beautiful male dobermann that is just a bit boisterous for me and young children he has a gorgeous nature regretful sale or swap for older more obedient dog"

WTF!!! :confused: You get what you train :mad Not swapping my obedient, well trained girl, no way :mad

Oh gosh how horrid. I was walking past a house just today, and heard the distinct sound of a debarked dog. I didn;t think that was done anymore. I can honestly say in all the time i have walked past this house, day and night, they have never tried to stop the dog barking. Nope, just took the poor things voice away. I can;t believe some people

There's a dog debarked near my parents house. This house fronts onto a public park, the front yard is fully fenced with wrought iron bars so you can see the park from the front, and their 2 dogs are kept in the front yard all the time. Rather than relocating the dogs to the backyard, they opted to debark the dog who must have barked the most at all the people in the park.

When you spend a lot of time here, you sometimes forget that the majority of dogs live under very different circumstances.

I can't help but keep an eye out on dobermans being sold or rehomed, and this has to be one of the worst I think I've ever seen :( How did they even get a doberman in the first place? Dobermans do not take as easily to being re-homed as some breeds and it just breaks my heart :(

Well here's what the ad said for anyone who is interested.

i seen something similar about a great dane *i didnt realise how big they are so i dont have room* :( people need to research more :(

Edited by Dogsrawesome

Dobermann is not a dog for just anyone. More often then not they don't fit with people lifestyles. They are not an easy breed and most people are to lazy to provide what the dog needs. Better research would help but most think that dobes are smart and don't need much training. Forgetting they are super energetic working and thinking breed

Since phillip oliver won crufts, we have seen a massive increase in giant schnauzer males at around 10 months - 18 months being rehomed as they are just to much for the average family with little kids. Dobes are much the same. Shame it is the dog who pays the price.

It was still audible so you can hardly say they took it's voice away.

The dog is most probably a nuisance barker and you have no idea what methods have been tried. There are far worse things for a dog than having its pitch lowered. I can't believe some people either :mad

I enjoy dog movies but brace myself every time. Dumb parents go out and buy "that dog from the movie" and then wonder why they have problems.

Maramaduke and Scooby Doo

101 Dalmations

Milo & Otis

To name a few.

Hope Red Dog doesn't have the same effect.

As an obedience instructor the weirdest question I was asked "How do I stop my dog sniffing?" After looking at the dog I stated "It's a Beagle. What did you expect?" :banghead:

I enjoy dog movies but brace myself every time. Dumb parents go out and buy "that dog from the movie" and then wonder why they have problems.

Maramaduke and Scooby Doo

101 Dalmations

Milo & Otis

To name a few.

Hope Red Dog doesn't have the same effect.

As an obedience instructor the weirdest question I was asked "How do I stop my dog sniffing?" After looking at the dog I stated "It's a Beagle. What did you expect?" :banghead:

That's just an idiot who probably likes dogs but hasn't a clue. A friend or someone dragging him off to dog training would fix it & he would probably keep the dog. Obviously not too bright placing the ad.

Worse ads are the ones that say No papers but is a great stud dog, good for breeding, lives outside. Then you see the photo of the poor little fluffy dog, all matted & filthy :cry:

I know of somebody who had their heart set on a Keeshond after they met a lovely, well trained dog with a beautiful coat, so shipped one up from Tassie.

Pup was normal, bright, boisterous, but (of course) didn't come trained. After a couple of months being left to dig up backyard, poo everywhere & knock over the kids, owners decided that wasn't the dog for them because he was 'much too naughty'. Lucky for him, the breeder took him back. Think they may even have got their money back!

Guest Willow

With regards to the expectation some people have that dogs come pre-trained, I remember when I was working in an animal shelter, I was introducing a family to a dog they liked the look of...nice medium size bitzer that had come in through the pound system, about 4 or 5 years old....anyway, first thing the lady does is say to him "SIT".....dog ignores her "SIIIIIITTTTT"....dog ignores her....so she turns to me and says "You'd think at 4 he would now how to sit!!!!"...."um....not if he's never been taught"....she looked at me like I was a moron.

Needless to say they left empty handed.

Edited by Willow