Litters Due August 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MissyMoo, that's fantastic news about the puppy! It sounds like these people were just meant to have this puppy! :thumbsup: :D

Ophnbark, they are rather, um fatties! Not that I can talk with my lil chubby boy! The vet said yesterday to put him on carpet for exercise. Ummm, I already am! :o:laugh: Not to mention taking him off the teet to make him walk from the other side of the box back to it a couple of times a day at least.

Poor lil guy is teething though, and wants to chew everything. If you give him your fingers he chews on them and you can feel those nice big molars on their way down. Poor lil boy! And poor mum having to deal with them once they come down! :(

Ophnbark they look like healthy little fluffies!!

Some of my pups are getting a bit of what I suppose would be termed dermatitis around their chins and muzzles. I've had it before with litters and always seems to come about the same time when they begin eating puppy mush. They are on barf at the moment which is quite moist and easy for them to eat but so messy it goes everywhere. I do wipe their faces off with a damp cloth and they of course get regular bedding chaneges but I think that where they all snuggle together the warmth provides a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. What do other breeders do to prevent this? Any tips or advice appreciated.

Ophnbark,

Have you suggested to Maisie that she can stop feeding them now?

Did she look at you with those big brown eyes and tell you to go away? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BB

Maisie has finally decided that the teeth are getting a bit sharp so is not feeding them so much. Now they will eat a bit instead of looking at me like I'm trying to poison them :laugh:

Gee they look so much bigger than that! :laugh:

My lil guy is over 2kg now, so looks like he's the fatty! :rofl:

Ah yes MM, bit yours will weigh more than 7Kg when he's grown up :rofl:

Yes that's a very good point! :laugh: He'll probably be over 7kg by 8 weeks of age at this rate. :rofl:

When do other puppies normally start walking, etc? My boy is 3 weeks Thursday and has had eyes open for a week, ears open about 2 days, and is wobbily walking his way around the box. I think he'll be walking confidentally in the next couple of days, so just before 3 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...