Litters Due August 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Chocolate on safe arrival of your bubs! :thumbsup:

My girl had an ultrasound and x-ray today. Definitely just a singleton bub. Good size (well she said "big"), heart rate was good. Plan is to give the last prog dose on day 60, check the heart rate day 61, and if still no puppy by day 62 we'll be going in for a caesar. I've told her I want to act sooner rather than later as being just the 1 this puppy is very important to me. She's only put 2-3kg on, and I was considering I might need to feed her more, but if it's already bigger I don't think she needs it! :laugh:

Congratulations Chocolate on safe arrival of your bubs! :thumbsup:

My girl had an ultrasound and x-ray today. Definitely just a singleton bub. Good size (well she said "big"), heart rate was good. Plan is to give the last prog dose on day 60, check the heart rate day 61, and if still no puppy by day 62 we'll be going in for a caesar. I've told her I want to act sooner rather than later as being just the 1 this puppy is very important to me. She's only put 2-3kg on, and I was considering I might need to feed her more, but if it's already bigger I don't think she needs it! :laugh:

One very special little baby!! Hopefully a little Ripper for you. Sounds like you have a good plan in place with your vet. Good luck and keep us posted.

Congrats to everyone with new babies :thumbsup: We still have a week to go tomorrow. Xray is booked for Friday to see what she has on board, the closest ultrsound machine is a 6 hour round trip :( so l hope the xray does the job. She has started nesting and pinching all sorts of things to hide in her whelping box Care Bears are her fav.

Thought I'd come in and update on my girl.

Still plodding along. We're getting more undercarriage development, and I think she has a little colostrum in the back teets already. Just a bit of a whitish, thickish stuff very similar to what colostrum looks like in some women. I was a bit worried about her milk production for just one, but guess I don't need to worry now! Just a bit worried about her whelping tomorrow as it's the last day she'll be on her own for any length of time.

We had some heavy panting lastnight for about 45 mins right out of the blue got abit worried as she still has 6-9 days to go today we woke up to her with diarrhea then discharge, she has had discharge on and off so the vet wants her back on the meds. Poor girl she is pretty big now and the little tackers are moving around alot.

Edited by Sir Sniffalot

Thought I'd come in and update on my girl.

Still plodding along. We're getting more undercarriage development, and I think she has a little colostrum in the back teets already. Just a bit of a whitish, thickish stuff very similar to what colostrum looks like in some women. I was a bit worried about her milk production for just one, but guess I don't need to worry now! Just a bit worried about her whelping tomorrow as it's the last day she'll be on her own for any length of time.

MissMaddy when she gets milk in her top nipples she will be about 24 to 48 hours off whelping and yes it is the same as humans. When the pup latches well tongue is in the same place. ;) ;) ;) ;)