Litters Due August 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Missymoo! :cheer:

Is that a normal size litter for your breed? I'd be happy with that many.

Well, update on my girl. Tummy is still definitely growing (not huge given small numbers, but definitely growing), and we have teets getting quite a bit bigger and sort of swollen around them, so looking good so far! :D

Only 2 and a bit weeks to go! :clap:

Our girl looks like she may have swallowed a small basketball, she's looking rather round, teat development has progressed and she is starting to look a tiny bit baggy around the back two teats. Off to clip her tummy so the babies can find their way to the milk bar easier.

Congratulations Missymoo !!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sir Sniffalot

Long time no post! :eek:

Very excited to say that in late August, we are expecting our first litter of ANKC registered White Swiss Shepherd Dogs. :cooldance: The litter will be rego'd under our joint prefix "Andesyn".

Ultrasound late Wednesday showed 'at least six' puppies, so everyone :crossfingers: for us that all goes smoothly without any hiccups.

Oh, and prayers that she bakes me a lovely little girl for the showring! :heart:

Long time no post! :eek:

Very excited to say that in late August, we are expecting our first litter of ANKC registered White Swiss Shepherd Dogs. :cooldance: The litter will be rego'd under our joint prefix "Andesyn".

Ultrasound late Wednesday showed 'at least six' puppies, so everyone :crossfingers: for us that all goes smoothly without any hiccups.

Oh, and prayers that she bakes me a lovely little girl for the showring! :heart:

Yay, an exciting time for you Eishund. Congratulations on the pregnancy and with six pups there should be that nice little lass in their for you!!

Ok, so have moved my girl into the spare room while I'm out, which will be where she'll whelp and be inside with the baby/ies. I'm moving the whelping box in there tomorrow hopefully, but am just wondering when to put her in there at night? There's a sofa bed (but there'll be no room left for her whelping box) and a single mattress I can sleep on, so am wondering when we should move in there? I don't like the idea of her sleeping in there on her own (although I'm sure she won't care, it's her favourite room in the house that she choses and chose last time before reabsorbing), she's slept in with me pretty much every night since I got her at 10 weeks.

She's now 6 1/2 weeks in. Was also planning on the xray next week Friday, so she'll be 8 weeks and 1 day so I know what's happening the next week as to wheather she is given time to go into labour or just goes in for an elective caesar.

Let's hope my human midwifery skills translate over into my dogs! :laugh:

Eishund, sounds very exciting for you!! IS this the very first registered litter in Australia?? I can't seem to remember if there have already been some born?

Good luck! :D

Sure is very exciting, I just can't wait, considering what I've had to go through to get to this point, but it's all been worth it.

Yes, there have been 3 very small litters registered already by the first person that imported the breed into Australia & that is all so far.

Good luck with the x-ray MM, we'll be doing the same thing a week out. Nice to know numbers, and I'm pretty sure our girl has more than 6 hiding in there. ;)

Attached is one of Inga's ultrasound shots showing 5 puppies on the screen! :thumbsup:

post-6374-0-63851400-1312333150_thumb.jpg

Also thought i'd share this photo of Inga being a good girl getting her ultrasound.

And before anyone asks me, no, I haven't dyed my hair & put on weight, I'm the one taking the photo so you can't see me! :laugh:

post-6374-0-07034400-1312342465_thumb.jpg

Jackofhearts - congrats on your litter but sorry about the decayed baby. Hope the two thrive.

I am now going to officially add myself to the August list. We had the sheep scanner ultrasound my bitch this morning and hubby was pleased to report there are at least 6 babies in there. Obviously he doesnt usually do dogs, but he could easily see six so may have a couple more. So we are due 25th August (Border Collies)this is fourth time trying and 3rd stud dog with this bitch so very excited.

Ok, so have moved my girl into the spare room while I'm out, which will be where she'll whelp and be inside with the baby/ies. I'm moving the whelping box in there tomorrow hopefully, but am just wondering when to put her in there at night? There's a sofa bed (but there'll be no room left for her whelping box) and a single mattress I can sleep on, so am wondering when we should move in there? I don't like the idea of her sleeping in there on her own (although I'm sure she won't care, it's her favourite room in the house that she choses and chose last time before reabsorbing), she's slept in with me pretty much every night since I got her at 10 weeks.

She's now 6 1/2 weeks in. Was also planning on the xray next week Friday, so she'll be 8 weeks and 1 day so I know what's happening the next week as to wheather she is given time to go into labour or just goes in for an elective caesar.

Let's hope my human midwifery skills translate over into my dogs! :laugh:

MissMaddy I would leave as usual until closer to her due date.

Eishund, sounds very exciting for you!! IS this the very first registered litter in Australia?? I can't seem to remember if there have already been some born?

Sure is very exciting, I just can't wait, considering what I've had to go through to get to this point, but it's all been worth it.

Yes, there have been 3 very small litters registered already by the first person that imported the breed into Australia & that is all so far.

Good luck with the x-ray MM, we'll be doing the same thing a week out. Nice to know numbers, and I'm pretty sure our girl has more than 6 hiding in there. ;)

Attached is one of Inga's ultrasound shots showing 5 puppies on the screen! :thumbsup:

Very exciting to add the first White Swiss Shepherds to theses threads WooooooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooooo

Jackofhearts - congrats on your litter but sorry about the decayed baby. Hope the two thrive.

I am now going to officially add myself to the August list. We had the sheep scanner ultrasound my bitch this morning and hubby was pleased to report there are at least 6 babies in there. Obviously he doesnt usually do dogs, but he could easily see six so may have a couple more. So we are due 25th August (Border Collies)this is fourth time trying and 3rd stud dog with this bitch so very excited.

Added I hope all goes well for you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have to say, it's so exciting watching everyone else's bitches developing and then the litters on the ground! Now I just need some lack fo sleep myself! :laugh:

Have booked my girl in for an x-ray Tuesday next week. She'll be 2 days off 8 weeks if you go by her ovulation date (from prog tests). Is this about the right time? The biggest concern is litter size. Given there may only be 1, so we need to be sure.

When do you guys find they usually whelp earliest from ovulation? i.e. what day? The vet has said to stop the regumate day 59, but it feels so early to me. I feel a bit lost with the whole multiple birth situation, as we only ever have 2 maximum (babies) born at work, and have constant heart rate monitoring on.

I have to say, it's so exciting watching everyone else's bitches developing and then the litters on the ground! Now I just need some lack fo sleep myself! :laugh:

Have booked my girl in for an x-ray Tuesday next week. She'll be 2 days off 8 weeks if you go by her ovulation date (from prog tests). Is this about the right time? The biggest concern is litter size. Given there may only be 1, so we need to be sure.

When do you guys find they usually whelp earliest from ovulation? i.e. what day? The vet has said to stop the regumate day 59, but it feels so early to me. I feel a bit lost with the whole multiple birth situation, as we only ever have 2 maximum (babies) born at work, and have constant heart rate monitoring on.

I had a girl who used to whelp religiously day 58, so I think taking your girl off regumate at day 59 shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Congrats Eishund!!