Ldhome Must Have Too Much Money To Spend!

Lindainfa

I am a bit shocked The Lost Dogs home has a paid position for an OH&S Coordinator. They must be so cashed up. Can they honestly not find anything better to spend the money on? Perhaps something for the animals, which is what people donating their money think it is going towards??!! I work for the Government and in my organisation we don't even have specific OH&S workers! What a waste.

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/oh-s-coordinator/in/melbourne-cbd-inner-suburbs/19860268

Edited by Lindainfa

Their workplace is very different to an office environment and I can imagine it is one which needs careful consideration to OH&S issues including induction, safe work method statements, training etc.

Its not only administration of their OH&S plans but also development of it - especially important at the moment with changes ahead within OH&S.

The role also deal with management of workers comp - this is quite time consuming.

Its only a 2-3 day a week job not fulltime. Its also a role which employers cannot afford to ignore as the consequences for non-compliance are quite high including jail time for directors if there is a breach.

Perfectly reasonable IMO

Their workplace is very different to an office environment and I can imagine it is one which needs careful consideration to OH&S issues including induction, safe work method statements, training etc.

Its not only administration of their OH&S plans but also development of it - especially important at the moment with changes ahead within OH&S.

The role also deal with management of workers comp - this is quite time consuming.

Its only a 2-3 day a week job not fulltime. Its also a role which employers cannot afford to ignore as the consequences for non-compliance are quite high including jail time for directors if there is a breach.

Perfectly reasonable IMO

X 2!

It's possible having a part time OH&S officer would be cheaper than paying claim after claim.

God forbid a shelter looked after its workers.

Wouldn't be so bad If they spent a little to Improve their high euth among other things there too

It's possible having a part time OH&S officer would be cheaper than paying claim after claim.

Wouldn't be so bad If they spent a little to Improve their high euth among other things there too

True but as far as I know, they don't have any statutory obligations which must be complied with in that regard.

Adherence to OH&S/ WComp is one of those not negotiable aspects of running a workplace.

The new changes coming in OH&S laws are going to have not only directors in the firing line when a problem arises... ALL staff members can/will be held liable if a co-worker is hurt in any way - regardless of whether you know OH&S rules/laws or not...

I would think that hiring someone to try to improve OH&S standards in an environment like a pound would be a proactive step in the right direction. Who knows what positive changes could arise from it... not least of which could end up benefitting the animals...

T.

True but as far as I know, they don't have any statutory obligations which must be complied with in that regard.

Adherence to OH&S/ WComp is one of those not negotiable aspects of running a workplace.

Maybe not statutory obligations, but certainly some form of obligations to the general public who donate thousands to help the animals In there, In which they would think Is where their donations are going. I have no probs with LDH adherence to any OH&S they need to put In place