100% Australian Kibble ?

What other brands of the top of the range dog kibbles are 100% Australian owned, made & produced besides Black Hawk?? This is important to some people, including myself, who like to think of the "food miles" when shopping around. :)

My understanding is that Nature's Gift foods are (I haven't double checked that recently but the last time I looked they were).

And isn't Nutro also Aussie?? I know that it is also made O/S but I feel like the kibble that is sold here is made here. But I'm not sure if it's Aussie owned.

It feels difficult to find out some of this info!! I'll be interested to see what others say!

My understanding is that Nature's Gift foods are (I haven't double checked that recently but the last time I looked they were).

And isn't Nutro also Aussie?? I know that it is also made O/S but I feel like the kibble that is sold here is made here. But I'm not sure if it's Aussie owned.

It feels difficult to find out some of this info!! I'll be interested to see what others say!

Nutro is made in Bathurst.

Nutro is made here from all Australian ingredients except the rice but the company is not Australian owned.

Anyone know if all the ingredients of any of the others made here are local or not ?

Thats what I want to know...100% Australian Owned & produced & 100% Australian produce (I'd be happy with 99.9%) I think Pro Plan might be overseas owned ?? Maybe I could get hold of a shoppers guide like Ausbuy.

It's nice to be able to support Australian owned companies but the bigger issue is the ingredients. I try not to buy anything for myself or the dogs that is not all Australian ingredients, because you have no idea how they are produced or if they are contaminated overseas. Anything that is not really produced here is fine but I prefer to support our Aussie farmers and feel safer knowing they comply with high safety standards.

I don't have a big issue with imported rice because this country is really not cut out for a crop like that. Such a water demanding crop is doesn't suit our dry climate. I read every label now in the supermarket and go out of my way to not buy any imported product that is traditionally produced here. Canned and frozen and fresh veges, canned fish, sauces, etc are now mostly from imported ingredients and a lot are from Thailand and China. You really have to hunt to find anything produced here any more. :cry:

Some of the Pro Plan range

According to a ProPlan rep I spoke to at work, the whole range is Aus made except the Sensitive at this stage.

I have a bag of Pro Plan Puppy here, which I won. It is manufactured by Mid Western Pet Foods - USA

Some of the Pro Plan range

According to a ProPlan rep I spoke to at work, the whole range is Aus made except the Sensitive at this stage.

I have a bag of Pro Plan Puppy here, which I won. It is manufactured by Mid Western Pet Foods - USA

The change is quite recent so there is probably some USA stock floating around still.

The change is quite recent so there is probably some USA stock floating around still.

Yeah from what I've been told by this rep is, any product still in the paper bag is still produced in the US and the rest is all in Aus. I will try find out more tomorrow.

The three main Aus made foods we sell at work are Advance, Nutro and ProPlan. Nutro is probably the best choice if you are after close to 100% Aussie made. The only issue with Nutro at the moment is they appear to be discontinuing afew of there bigger bags. 15kg Puppy chicken/rice, not even the Nutro rep and her boss knew why this had been deleted, Senior has been gone since it came out, which after speaking to the rep they are currently working on a lite/Mature formula and from memory I believe a few of the 8kg bags are gone aswell.

Advance is also Australian made and has quite alot of variety in formulas. Both Advance and Nutro are from Mars and the main advantage for nutro is its all natural ingrediants.

After feeding these two to both my dogs I would have to say I am quite happy with the both of them. My younger dog is currently on Nutro as I like having the option for variety in adult formulas and my older girl is on Advance senior. Before hand my older girl was on super market "on sale" senior foods. Since the change her coat has been softer and shiney, her stools being alot more firmer and she has less gas issues. She is also abit more comfortable getting up and down as she use to groan all the time after having a sleep or even laying for short periods of time.

Those are my opinions and experiences with some of the Australian made foods, but anyone wishing to go Australian and unsure about how there dogs will react to it should just go for it and buy a bag. The companies offer 100% money back garentees on purchased products so you have nothing to lose :thumbsup:.

Yeah from what I've been told by this rep is, any product still in the paper bag is still produced in the US and the rest is all in Aus. I will try find out more tomorrow.

The three main Aus made foods we sell at work are Advance, Nutro and ProPlan. Nutro is probably the best choice if you are after close to 100% Aussie made. The only issue with Nutro at the moment is they appear to be discontinuing afew of there bigger bags. 15kg Puppy chicken/rice, not even the Nutro rep and her boss knew why this had been deleted, Senior has been gone since it came out, which after speaking to the rep they are currently working on a lite/Mature formula and from memory I believe a few of the 8kg bags are gone aswell.

Advance is also Australian made and has quite alot of variety in formulas. Both Advance and Nutro are from Mars and the main advantage for nutro is its all natural ingrediants.

After feeding these two to both my dogs I would have to say I am quite happy with the both of them. My younger dog is currently on Nutro as I like having the option for variety in adult formulas and my older girl is on Advance senior. Before hand my older girl was on super market "on sale" senior foods. Since the change her coat has been softer and shiney, her stools being alot more firmer and she has less gas issues. She is also abit more comfortable getting up and down as she use to groan all the time after having a sleep or even laying for short periods of time.

Those are my opinions and experiences with some of the Australian made foods, but anyone wishing to go Australian and unsure about how there dogs will react to it should just go for it and buy a bag. The companies offer 100% money back garentees on purchased products so you have nothing to lose :thumbsup:.

Hmmmmmm...getting closer to 100%, but sadly Pro Plan, Nutro & Advance are all overseas owned. Mars is a USA company.

Advance is Australian made but it owned by Mars Incorporated which is an overseas company. Nutro is also owned by Mars. Pro Plan is also an American company but are starting to make it here.

Australian made does not mean 100% Australian ingredients either. Unless written you can safely assume some cheaper imported products have bulked out the food.

I see you're in NSW . . . but if you happen to be in WA asking this question, there's a company called Advanced Pet Care in Naval Base, about half way between Perth and Rockingham, which does a lot of dry food manufacturing (including products sold under other brand names). Don't know if they use imported grains, but the meat is from WA. They sell a lot of things . . . cheap . . . and I've found them pretty good. But you have to pick up on site.