Four People Bitten By Dogs In Sydney

Maxiewolf

The dogs tied up at the shopping centre had managed to get loose and then attacked the girl - a bystander and mum were bitten trying to stop the dogs. Owner took dogs and left but later went to local police station.

In another story the dog was tazered - the owner is being questioned about owning a banned breed which was purchased post ban.

Edited by frufru

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/police-taser-pitbull-after-attack/story-e6freuy9-1226077005149

5841531741_bd28261720.jpg

POLICE used a stun gun to subdue a pit bull terrier that attacked its owner while she was speaking to them.

Officers went to a house in Hassell St, Parramatta, over another incident about 10.40am on Friday.

While they were speaking to the woman, her pit bull became aggressive and bit her on the arm, they said.

Police then stunned the dog with a taser and restrained it in a room in the house.

Council inspectors have arrived at the scene.

The woman was taken to Westmead Hospital for treatment for minor injuries to her arm and another man was seen bleeding from the head as a result of the earlier assault.

The attack comes after a 10-year-old girl and three adults were bitten by two brown pit bulls outside a Sydney shopping centre on Thursday night.

All were treated at hospital.

Police believe the dogs broke free after a man tied them up and went inside a shopping centre in Fairfield West on Thursday night. :mad

He returned a short time later and left after regaining control of the dogs.

He is still being sought by police.

Here is the above boy at Blacktown pound today - impound 3925

5841531745_248031c028.jpg

I haven't seen the other 2 (labelled as pitbulls?) that were involved with the Fairfield attack but the above boy above was all over the news tonight. :(

how is it we still have Pit Bulls in Australia.....aren't they banned and any that were here needed to be desexed?

Yes I know...people don't know the breeds and some lie on the paperwork......

The import of them is banned, approx 15 years ago. So really how many 'pure bred' Pit Bulls are left? As even then many were not the real thing.

That's a good question? I have seen quite a few dogs over the years people have claimed to be a genuine APBT and have also known BYB's to sell Staffy X's as APBT's? People who think they own an APBT, I wonder how many of those dogs are genuine? The last one I saw claimed to be an APBT by the owner had distictive Rotty colouring looked more like a Rotty/Stafford X :confused:

Edited by PetSitters

how is it we still have Pit Bulls in Australia.....aren't they banned and any that were here needed to be desexed?

The import of them is banned, approx 15 years ago. So really how many 'pure bred' Pit Bulls are left? As even then many were not the real thing.

That's a good question? I have seen quite a few dogs over the years people have claimed to be a genuine APBT and have also known BYB's to sell Staffy X's as APBT's? People who think they own an APBT, I wonder how many of those dogs are genuine? The last one I saw claimed to be an APBT by the owner had distictive Rotty colouring looked more like a Rotty/Stafford X :confused:

The APBT comes In many different colours, such as a Black and Tan colouring, whom to people who don't know the breed can just as easily mistake as a Rotty x Staff

post-8173-0-04661600-1308363770_thumb.jpg

The APBT comes In many different colours, such as a Black and Tan colouring, whom to people who don't know the breed can just as easily mistake as a Rotty x Staff

The point I am making is, all the people I know with supposed APBT's except for one of these people, don't know the breed anyway and buy the dog because the seller/breeder says it's an APBT? I am thinking of you gathered together 100 supposed APBT's and examined them properly, how many real one's would surface, my guess is the majority would be cross breeds with APBT simliarity?

I agree PetSitters, all the tough boys here have pitbulls :rolleyes: Most of them are probably crossbreeds, I would say they all of them are but to be quite honest I am a little fuzzy on what the breed actually is.......

Why don't the NSW dog attack statistics reflect any attacks from the APBT? I suppose it could go under unidentified breed but that goes against anything media reports where there are lots of attacks from APBT. Unless there were none in that quarter?

http://www.dlg.nsw.g...-%202010-11.pdf

The point I am making is, all the people I know with supposed APBT's except for one of these people, don't know the breed anyway and buy the dog because the seller/breeder says it's an APBT? I am thinking of you gathered together 100 supposed APBT's and examined them properly, how many real one's would surface, my guess is the majority would be cross breeds with APBT simliarity?

And the point I was making was that you seem to have doubts about one being a pure because the fact of their colouring! I pointed out that they do come In blk/tan, I don't know If what you seen was pure or not

I have no doubts that many are crosses/lookalikes, the fact on how many are really pure out there Is any ones guess :confused: apart from those who know their lines and know where their dogs came from

But they do exist, and they will continue to exist among the long time fanciers and lovers of the breed

I just have to laugh at anyone who thinks import banning sees no breed coming into the country, import bans were in place on the German Shepherd for 50 yrs ! hell man they came in as .... Alsations, get it....

what a f***ing joke.

How many Fila Brasilieros have you seen coming into Australia in the last several years? Or . . .jeez, I've forgotten the spelling . . Doggie Argentineo? I suppport import bans on macho breeds . . and think they can work. Given the high cost of quarantine these days, it's feasible to do a real check on the breed of the dog to be imported, and not practical to have a go at importing something that is likely to get bounced . . . or destroyed once it is imported.

I just have to laugh at anyone who thinks import banning sees no breed coming into the country, import bans were in place on the German Shepherd for 50 yrs ! hell man they came in as .... Alsations, get it....

what a f***ing joke.

Im surprised at how the import bans for some of these breeds work at all.. I mean the Japanese Tosa, Doesn't look like what the average person classify as a "Dangerous Dog" they look like a mastiff x bloodhound! Unfortunately they will end up doing something crazy like blanket banning just to make sure something doesn't get through.. it wont be a ban on a breed it will be a ban on "Even remotely LOOKS LIKE "Breed" So how does that go for the Amstaff & Stafford breeders and their Imports? :(

There are Fila Brasilieros also I know because a friend has just purchased one. (Which I am not happy about, not because of the breed but because the dog will not get training, exercise, fed shitty food and will be stuck in a backyard it's entire life and they have very young children)

ETA - Fila could easily be mistaken for a Bull Masttif X or any Mastiff X as they look very similar.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

IMHO I wouldn't be publicizing the fact on whether the "other" breeds are here or not. Not exactly something needed for the general public to hear and send them Into another frenzy so to speak In which would only make matters worse

The media just can't help themselves with these types of stories. Even if it was a little Chihuahua type dog that mauls a kid "OMG it MUST BE A PIT-BULL!" :mad

Is it any wonder loads of people fear dogs; sensationalisation and disinformation, my two favourite things! :mad

I'd expect the cost of importing a Fila would be close to $10k . . . if you combine airfare and quarantine fees. Are you saying someone imported this dog and is not keeping it in small confines with poor care. What a wanker! Given that almost no one in Australia has ever seen a Fila and they do look like other molosser breeds (but a true-to-breed-standard Fila is much more HA than the average mastiff), seems more likely that your friend purchased some mastiff cross dressed up as a Fila for sex appeal.

Dogos have been in Australia since before the ban so there will still be a few of them hanging around.

There are Fila Brasilieros also I know because a friend has just purchased one. (Which I am not happy about, not because of the breed but because the dog will not get training, exercise, fed shitty food and will be stuck in a backyard it's entire life and they have very young children)

ETA - Fila could easily be mistaken for a Bull Masttif X or any Mastiff X as they look very similar.

I'd expect the cost of importing a Fila would be close to $10k . . . if you combine airfare and quarantine fees. Are you saying someone imported this dog and is not keeping it in small confines with poor care. What a wanker! Given that almost no one in Australia has ever seen a Fila and they do look like other molosser breeds (but a true-to-breed-standard Fila is much more HA than the average mastiff), seems more likely that your friend purchased some mastiff cross dressed up as a Fila for sex appeal.

Dogos have been in Australia since before the ban so there will still be a few of them hanging around.

No didn't import bought a puppy from a BYB.

Your right that was my first reaction it is probably just a Mastiff X but I did see pics of the puppy and I can see a resemblance to the Fila but who knows.