I Washed A Chow Chow

I started a new job on thursday and its a dog groomer/dog day care. I see so many awesome breeds like today i washed a chow chow, i thought it was so awesome and when i dried him i hugged him he is as cuddly as a teddy. I love my job :D sorry this is just a random thread but i wanted to share.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for sharing that's fantastic.Make sure give updates on what sort of doggies you get to hug.My best friend is a dog groomer and I love hearing her stories about all the good (and bad) things in her day.Good on you for getting a job doing something you love :thumbsup:

wow and you survived? :laugh:

every chow I have met has had a severe attitude problem :p glad you're enjoying the job you will have a lot of fun!

Yeah i was a bit wary at first because of what i have heard but he is the complete opposite :o he is a big sook haha

Guest HarperGD

:love: :love: I LOVE CHOW CHOWS!! :love: :love:

I've always wanted one, but OH is allergic to every dog that's not a poodle :(

Maybe one day I'll get to hug one too :D

I LOVE CHOW CHOWS!!

I've always wanted one, but OH is allergic to every dog that's not a poodle

Maybe one day I'll get to hug one too

That must suck :( but the toy poodles at my work are pretty adorable lol but not my type of breed :) You will have to hug a chow chow they are really cuddly :laugh:

I clipped a Chow Chow! Now that was not fun. The dog was great, much sweeter then the majority of SWF. I really wished I had some horse clippers during that job.

The groomer at my work only did his bum and the bottoms of his paws. Brushed all of his coat and made him fluffy

yup I got some high end clippers when I had to do a Malamute that had stopped being clipped ... 2 years ago ... and surface brushed with a slicker :banghead: on veterinary advice of course

me and that poor dog together for over 6 hours. At least she was friendly

yup I got some high end clippers when I had to do a Malamute that had stopped being clipped ... 2 years ago ... and surface brushed with a slicker :banghead: on veterinary advice of course

me and that poor dog together for over 6 hours. At least she was friendly

:eek:

I have also done cats without sedation and a rabbit

from this ...

MontyB4.jpg

to this ...

Monty1.jpg

god I miss grooming sometimes :( someone give me a poodle

That looks great :thumbsup: cute little bunny. Well the place i work i just do hydrobath and day care :) i think they might teach me a bit of grooming but they tend to be super busy. :D

wow and you survived? :laugh:

every chow I have met has had a severe attitude problem :p glad you're enjoying the job you will have a lot of fun!

Yep we refuse to do them due to there attitude issues plus most are so matted

you can do what one woman did ... take sports tape and wrap the dogs muzzle then put a nylon muzzle on top. Poor thing the dog tried to eat her in the process, she was 7 months pregnant and it was her husbands dog.

The Chows I used to do were beautiful, bloody big job though. In the end I had to knock them back it was too hard on my hands, stuffed me up for days afterwards. But they had lovely natures.

Once they are fluffed up they are so cuddly.

Well done and I hope you get lots of friendly doggies. :thumbsup:

I have also done cats without sedation and a rabbit

omg I had no idea you could get bunny coats :rofl: and having a hairless dog I know a fair bit about animal clothing :laugh:

I really hate to generalize about a breed, but the only chows I have known were as a kid and they were bad tempered sods!

it was a teeny tiny dog jumper I modified on the spot :rofl: it had an M on it anyway and his name was Monty :rofl: I rehomed him to an english lady who used to come visit him every day. I couldn't believe that rabbit sat there and didnt flinch once while I shaved that giant matt that was his coat off him. Not one nick or clipper burn either *SHIMMY*