The Dog Show Catalogue

darwinroyal

Wash your mouth out !!

Love the "cat" I look at other breeds, pedigree names, learn about what breeds are in other groups, look to see if dogs I like are entered, see who is breeding what.

I buy one every show and all the tightarses come to view it, Shits me when they walk off with it. Or worse when you come back to your crate and you find someone you don't know looking at your catalogue, they then walk off without saying thank you.

Ditto to me all above points. Especially hate the stealers. :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, ditto Sway! When Mick use to come to shows if someone asked to have a look at it he would say 'for a dollar'. And he was serious!!!

I feel like that at times. Whats worse you go off somewhere and come and its missing and you see a dogalogue in a nearby persons hands and say "is that mine?" answer usually yes.

I fully mark and post on the ANZ Cav list.

I love my catalogues at shows and always collect the results. I guess I am preaching to the converted to many of you that have replied :laugh:

What I was asking about was the 'stealers'. So, do you think they value the catalogue, as long as they don't have to pay for it? I had a look at the number of people ordering catalogues for our show and it is about 2/3rds of the exhibitors. Potentially a lot of 'stealers' to keep an eye on :rofl:

Am trying something new this year. I am getting some of the exhibitors to proofread their own entries. Only those that have quite a few, or where I had problems with handwriting. OK, our catalogue is incredibly small and I have all their email addresses, but the feedback has been positive.

The other thing I take into account is that if the catalogue is correct it flows on to the remainder of the paperwork and makes the stewards jobs a lot easier - no disputed classes on the day, etc.

Hmmm, eLogues - definitely something to think about :D I know the Trial clubs up here are already offering the option.

07' post='5366994']

What I was asking about was the 'stealers'. So, do you think they value the catalogue, as long as they don't have to pay for it? [/b] I had a look at the number of people ordering catalogues for our show and it is about 2/3rds of the exhibitors. Potentially a lot of 'stealers' to keep an eye on :rofl:

They obviously value it, as the "stealers" always look at it - often several times over the day.

I would pay for an online "Cat" that I had to print out myself.

And perhaps the on line ones could be available to the poor old lady who hasn't got a dog to show but loves to keep up with who is showing and with what? Would be happy to pay a fee, don't want to be one of those 'stealers' lol.

As this discussion goes I can the need in the foreseeable future for both on line and print catalogues.

A smaller fee for on line and the club would only need to print the amount needed for the show.

Then?????? what happens to the catalogers who make a living from this. Lets face it the same amount of work is needed

weather it is on line or print.

Great idea

Would exhibitors/clubs utilise a digital catalogue? All agility trials in Vic allow you to order a catalogue for a fee OR download a pdf at no charge. The latter allows you to print out what you need for the day but you can still refer back to the document in electronic form.

ETA: I love this system and enter more trials because I can save a few $ on catalogues.

I can only afford to buy a catalogue (dogalogue) for the bigger shows and royals, specialties etc.

After paying entries, petrol, road tolls etc etc the addded expense of a cat just takes it out of my reach but if they were cheaper I would happily buy them.

An online catalogue that we can print out ourselves the day before would be an excellent option for us poor people :thumbsup:

peaceful, it comes back to who is going to pay the cataloguer for the 8 to 10 hours of work?

That cost should be added into the cost of running the show as it is part of the show expenses.

I wouldn't mind paying an extra dollar for my entries if the catalogue was included.

I love the online catalogues and as someone's already said the agility trials have been using them for years!

I don't mind paying a smaller fee for an o/line cat either although I do wonder how it would be policed who downloads the catalogue if a fee was charged? What would stop freeloaders from downloading it?

Agility trials here are also moving towards online entries (some clubs give a small discount to encourage this) - it's so much easier for exhibitors as well and I definitely enter more trials because I can clearly keep an eye on closing dates etc. Apparently the other end is still a bit clunky but they are working on the software and hopefully putting the catalogue together won't be such a long process. We also get automated (or secretary generated if the snail mail system) emails with our details so we can fix any errors.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

TSD, on average how many entries does an agility trial get?

A fairly new club had a trial recently with 520 entries - often multiple entries per dog of course. 4 rings, 3-4 events per ring. There are probably bigger trials but it's hard to calculate as most clubs give you one number for the whole day. This club gave each entry a different number which is why it was easy to work out from the catalogue.

As this discussion goes I can the need in the foreseeable future for both on line and print catalogues.

A smaller fee for on line and the club would only need to print the amount needed for the show.

Then?????? what happens to the catalogers who make a living from this. Lets face it the same amount of work is needed

weather it is on line or print.

I think both options are great and agree with oakway here.

my experience is obedience related and although it's written that your correct email address must be supplied you would be suprised the number of people who when collecting their numbers expect to get a complimentry catalogue as they state they haven't recieved it by email- I keep a record of those emails that bounce back now but often people do forget to print the emailed version and then don't want to pay.