Yarrawonga & Border Canine Association

SwaY

Change of venue

The committee of the Yarrawonga & Border Canine Association Inc have advised there will be a change of venue for the Yarrawonga & Border Canine Association Inc championship show on Sunday 18 September 2011. The show will now be held at the Bulla Exhibition Centre and not Chittick Park, Seymour as published in the July Gazette.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change of venue

The committee of the Yarrawonga & Border Canine Association Inc have advised there will be a change of venue for the Yarrawonga & Border Canine Association Inc championship show on Sunday 18 September 2011. The show will now be held at the Bulla Exhibition Centre and not Chittick Park, Seymour as published in the July Gazette.

What a shame, this means that us country people will have to travel that bit further ....Well guess what it will not happen..Country shows should stay in the country.

great, then you would understand......I didnt mean it to sounds as blunt as it did...but there are so many people who go to shows but never lift a finger to help....hope the show goes well

That is OK ,I am involved in a club that runs two doubble show/obed + one doubble obed weekend and one doubble obed and Agility weekend a year.Sugar hope that is understandable.

well I think it is pretty bad for a club that is on the border of Vic/Nsw to choose to go to Melb to hold their shows, did they even see if they could have held the shows closer to home, ie Albury, Wangaratta or Myrtleford?

:) I live in the Country Rebanne, I find plenty on shows to attend..

In fact I am on the Border of NSW/VIC so this would be one of my locals also, but if a club decide's to move as this one has a few times, then there is nothing can be done, can you say they will get an entry of around 600/700 if it stayed in the Country........... :shrug:

Having said that Wangaratta had an entry of over 600, show entries are always seem stronger in Victoria.....but once they have been granted a show the committee can move it to what venue they want......

In fact I am on the Border of NSW/VIC so this would be one of my locals also, but if a club decide's to move as this one has a few times, then there is nothing can be done, can you say they will get an entry of around 600/700 if it stayed in the Country........... :shrug:

Having said that Wangaratta had an entry of over 600, show entries are always seem stronger in Victoria.....but once they have been granted a show the committee can move it to what venue they want......

so it's just a money making thing then? Well I hope all the city folk appreciate that they have even more shows for them to attend close to home, while us country folk get less.

so it's just a money making thing then? Well I hope all the city folk appreciate that they have even more shows for them to attend close to home, while us country folk get less.

Do clubs break even/make profit on shows in the country areas?

From another perspective - I love doing country shows, but sadly can't afford to get to them all - maybe half dozen a year. So from the perspective of numbers, I can see why the club has done this - I will be able to get to this one so count in my entries :)

From another perspective - I love doing country shows, but sadly can't afford to get to them all - maybe half dozen a year. So from the perspective of numbers, I can see why the club has done this - I will be able to get to this one so count in my entries :)

then think in reverse for us country folk, if you can't get to many country shows because of costs, then neither can I get to too many city shows. But you (meaning city people) have shows nearly every weekend. Not so for country people. And it seems we have just lost a couple more.