Rally-o

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rally-O is becoming an ANKC recognised sport as of 1/1/12 with titles etc so dogs will need to be registered either on MR/LR or AR or SR to compete in official trials after that date. Unofficial trials dogs shouldn't need to be registered.

I mean now, when obedience clubs include rally-o in their obedience trials, does the dog need to be registered?

There is an obedience club near me that is doing obedience trials in August, and they are including rally-o, with the proposed novice rules. So it's not an official thing, I guess they just include it for fun. I could always call them and ask, just wondered if anyone knew.

I do plan on registering them both on the associate register, just haven't gotten around to it yet, as I didn't think there would be any rally-o trials until next year. I will call them and ask :)

I've not heard a peep from anyone regarding Rally in Victoria. I have been trying for two years to get clubs going with seminars and the courses needed to train their members, but I can't seem to get much interest. I just hope when this becomes official, they are in fact ready to deal with it. I have applied for my judging licence for this sport in hopes of continuing to promote this sport correctly, but haven't heard back from VCA regarding it. How ironic would it be if I am turned down. oh well.

l asked my obedience club (Victoria) on the weekend if they were interested in running a course for the members or incorporating abit of it into our sessions but was told no flat out, the instructors seemed rather negative towards the idea. :(

• 2 weeks later...

We had a lovely Mock Rally O trial following an obedience trial in Launceston yesterday. 3 dogs in Advanced, and at least 10 I think in Novice. Lovely to see handlers and dogs enjoying themselves, and trying hard for precision. Happy to say my lil big man BC Rory got a 2nd place Q in Novice with a score of 98 - so now he gets to play with the big kids in Advanced. :) We have lots of work to do to achieve the standard I think we can - I love that Rally O really challenges dog/handler teams to do their absolute best, but without overwhelming them. Lots of happy wagging doggy tails. And I'm sure it can only improve performances and interest in traditional obedience.

(And thanks Angelsun for all your guidance and suppport down here :) )

• 3 weeks later...

I've not heard a peep from anyone regarding Rally in Victoria. I have been trying for two years to get clubs going with seminars and the courses needed to train their members, but I can't seem to get much interest. I just hope when this becomes official, they are in fact ready to deal with it. I have applied for my judging licence for this sport in hopes of continuing to promote this sport correctly, but haven't heard back from VCA regarding it. How ironic would it be if I am turned down. oh well.

Hi Angelsun one of our instructors is talking about starting Rally-O, we have got some of our members want to give it a shot, me for one :D would like to compete, our club is Westernport Obedience Dog Club :D

[quote

Hi Angelsun one of our instructors is talking about starting Rally-O, we have got some of our members want to give it a shot, me for one :D would like to compete, our club is Westernport Obedience Dog Club :D

I am right next door to you at the GSD Club.

I havn't heard anything at all about Rally O, but would be very interested in seeing some sort of mock trial/demonstration.

If anything happens with Westernport, don't forget to let us know.

Good luck with getting something going.

Hi Echo

the instructor was talking about it last night at training, so if you suddenly see a lot of witches hats popping up come over & see us :D

at the moment she is trying to get as much info as possible to be able to even do trials,

I think this could be fun for those who would like a slightly diff trial to just Obed or who cant/unable to compete in Agility.

I know my dog would damm near kill the times in Agility 'cause I have a medical cond, I just cant run the courses, I would love to put him through, he just wont work for anybody else :( we have tried even with me hiding :laugh:

Rally -O here we come :laugh: the more people we can get to take part the better :D in Vic

Rally-O is becoming an ANKC recognised sport as of 1/1/12 with titles etc so dogs will need to be registered either on MR/LR or AR or SR to compete in official trials after that date. Unofficial trials dogs shouldn't need to be registered.

Great news, I didn't know that, is there any reference available for the signs that will be used?

The club you came to in Geelong still has rally classes going and is having another Rally workshop, not sure who is running it. Have you spoken to OTEC people about rally at all? They may be happy for some help with it

How exciting! :happydance: