Warning Toddlers And Dogs

tobie

I just wanted to warn people :D about how much time they allow their young toddlers to spend with dogs.

My dogs are a big part of our lives and I have recently noticed that my toddler has started to immitate my dogs. I have caught her lapping water from there water bowl. I have also caught her following the dogs around and going to the long grass to copy the dogs and chew on the grass too. She will even pant when they do. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Do you think my daughter spends too much time with the dogs?

Has anyone else with children experienced this????

My suggestion is is your toddler is still showing this behavior when she starts school, seek professional advice, otherwise, just assume she is a child using her imagination and role playing.

As long as she has some kiddie friends as well, I wouldn't worry too much.

My kids spent the day "lungeing" each other! :laugh: My eldest has recently started riding lessons. :D

My 13 month old nephew shakes his head, imitating his dobe x who does the same with his tug toy. You can see them sometimes standing next to each other shaking their heads (the dog with his toy, boy laughing hysterically)

He also pretends to eat when the dog gets his dinner!

Edited by laeral

I find it very cute/funny watching my daughter copying my dogs. She is at the stage where she copies everything that anyone or anything does or says. I am amazed just how quickly she is learning new words and different things each and everyday.

I always thought those stories you hear about a child being raised by packs of dogs or wolves were BS but after seeing how quickly my own child copies my own dogs it made me think if a child was only ever exposed to a pack of dogs I can see how this could happen. What are your opinions on children being raised by packs of dogs/wolves. Do you beleive this could happen?

A friend walked in to find her daughter suckling with the pups :eek:

Did she ever get lots of leverage with that one!

:eek: Oh my god. I would die if my daughter did something like that. Although I will add my dogs are desexed.

My cousin ate the cats bikkies for quite a while and she is now a lovely evry intellegent ICU nurse and also a midwife - nothing wrong with it at all. Mine occassionally run a round on all fours and imitate the dogs - perfectly normal around here!

Edited by OSoSwift

My cousin ate the cats nikkies for quite a while and she is now a lovely evry intellegent ICU nurse and also a midwife - nothing wrong with it at all. Mine occassionally run a round on all fours and imitate the dogs - perfectly normal around here!

:laugh:

Guest Willow

My one year old sat at the front door and barked at someone walking past......she only did it the once thankfully!

My cousin ate the cats nikkies for quite a while and she is now a lovely evry intellegent ICU nurse and also a midwife - nothing wrong with it at all. Mine occassionally run a round on all fours and imitate the dogs - perfectly normal around here!

:laugh:

:rofl:

Whoops trying to type inbetween getting kids ready for bed!

My one year old sat at the front door and barked at someone walking past......she only did it the once thankfully!

my sister and i used to pretend to be our old german shephards (male) puppies and would follow him around and would lie down in random places and fall asleep, we even barked a visitors :D

My kids try and stack each other. :rofl: One is on all fours while another one stands behind and holds up the others chin and pretends to hold out their 'tail'. While loudly saying "stand up, good boy". :laugh: They are going to make great junior handlers one day!

We recently entered the showing world and when I train, with the dog, my daughter trains with her "dog" aka my 3 yr old son.....very funny to watch!!lol :rofl: :rofl:

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Huntia

My kids try and stack each other. :rofl: One is on all fours while another one stands behind and holds up the others chin and pretends to hold out their 'tail'. While loudly saying "stand up, good boy". :laugh: They are going to make great junior handlers one day!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Mine aren't the only ones!!! :rofl: :rofl:

I'm glad to hear my children are normal lol, I was worried they were the only ones that behave like dogs.

Both of my kids when they were younger would drink from the dogs water bowls. My son once growled at an older lady in the street (he was about 3 at the time) because she stopped to admire my standard girl and he didn't want to talk to her.

They are now 4 and 7 and are always walking each other around the house on leads and pretending to be dogs.