Wheat Free Dog Food

Thanks - I will check them out.

I already buy Advance so I guess I could just switch him? Or do I need to introduce it gradually? I really want to get him off the wheat as he's showing all the signs.

Lord I'm wheat free myself and didn't pick it, but I think the reaction is different in dogs than humans.

Hi. Both my 2 are on Canidae Grain free ALS and they love it. I didnt put them on this for any reason other than it was better than what they were eating. I did have trouble tracking it down but fortunately one of the pet shops near me carries it. I wouldnt say its cheap but then as with anything, you get what you pay for. When I switched my 2 over I did it gradually over approx 2 weeks. Never had any problems. Good luck. :)

I believe foods such as Purina One Lamb & Rice, Optimum Chicken, Vegetables & Rice and IAMS Healthy Naturals are wheat free, or aren't I reading the labels right?

Is "cereal protein" wheat? And if so, why does the Optimum variety I've mentioned include cereal protein but not wheat, whereas the other Optimum varieties specifically list wheat as one of the ingredients?

Black Hawk

eta - which is just dry.

It also has 2% wheat in it...

Black Hawk adult Lamb & Rice is wheat, corn & soy FREE. The puppy formula contains 2% wheat ;)

My error - the website is confusing by only having tabs for cat and puppy food - just realised you have to scroll all the way down past distributor details to see the dog food details.