Sell Me Your Dog Toys!

Aztec Gold

Juno's latest and favourite toy is the Kong Wubba Tugga and she LOVES it! It has a couple of squeekers in it so it makes weird and wonderful noises and it's made out of really tough stuff! Gotta be to stand up to an Amstaff! We play tug and fetch with it but Juno's other favourite game with it is to do laps of the yard with it in her mouth squeeking it like mad and shaking the tails! She can do this for ages at a time!

Each of the dogs loves something different.

Lestat is into stuffed duck toys, he goes mental for the noise they make.

Mistral is really into tugg toys

Alchemy loves balls and tiny soft toys

Yngvie likes anything he can chew and destroy, Nyla bones seem popular

Dante loves plastic squeeky toys, his favourite is Simba.

My childhood GR loved her soft football, she gutted it and carried the skin everywhere with her.

Charlie: He likes big stuff toys that's bigger than him. He likes beating them up and then snuggled to them. He loves hankies and ribbons too. Or anything Em is playing with at the moment. But he doesn't tug, and his favourite game is "search"... he likes games that he uses his nose.

Emmy: Any toy that's soft, furry and she can tug with. Squeakers is a must but not necessary. She also like cardboard boxes.

Toilet paper rolls sans paper - he knows he can't have it until it has no paper left, and our toilet paper is within reach of him. He checks it regularly, and when it gets low the inspections become more thorough. As soon as it's finished, he claims it and has the time of his life for the next 5 mins (by which time unfortunately the roll has been destroyed).

He also loves anything soft and squeaky, but these get obliterated :( He likes his Kong, but amazingly he has now managed to destroy this too.

So we go through a lot of 'toys', but don't spend all that much.

Halo loves squeeky toys, her favourite is her Bad Cuz toy because it squeeks, bounces in different directions and doesn't die.

Akira loves soft toys (the faster they die and she can pull the stuffing out the better) and she loves rope tug toys.

Both girls love an empty coke bottle with a bit of kibble in it to chase around the yard.

If you're fine with a lot of mess, there's nothing better than a cardboard box!

Otherwise the Orbee ball on a rope is a favourite, as are tug toys, soft toys to carry around in puppy's mouth are are MUST for a retriever lol (unless you want your shoes relocated!)

I have a 10 week old Aussie Shepherd and he loves his Kong Wobbler. I fill it with his lunch portion of kibble and basically he feeds himself throughout the day. He didn't quite "get" it till I physically showed him how to knock it about. Now he loves to jump on it and see the kibble tumble out. It was a bit expensive but if it keeps him interested it's worth the $$.

Other good value toys came from Salvation Army store.

Congrats on your new pup!!

I agree, the more toys the less likely that your normal stuff will be destroyed. Actually my dogs don't really destroy their toys either. Maybe it is because they have sooo many :laugh:

Golden retrievers need balls - we have found the high bounce chuck it to be the best.

I also vote for the squeaky soft toys and the deer antlers.

I wasted a lot of money on rubber toys.

Also think carefully about rubber toys that are designed to be stuffed, bone and rope toys which may cause safety issues.

Old basketballs, footballs, volleyballs and netballs from my work (but NOT Futsal balls as between the ball skin and the bladder there is a layer of wadding and they get that EVERYWHERE!) Coconuts are another favourite and we get full dear antlers but you do need to be careful with these if there's more than one dog playing with them.

Another coke/plastic bottle fan in this house too. He LOVES them more than anything else ive ever purchased for him lol.

He also likes fluffy toys he can pull the stuffing out of. I bought him a fluffy ball that has lots of smaller balls inside of it that he has to pull out to play with...he seems to enjoy that.

Riley's got a mountain of dog toys. Some he's never been interested in.

The ones he always goes back to are a yellow ball he's had since he was a pup, that he chewed the handle off (I think it was a jolly pet one) - its never punctured, but has lost its squeak now.

His Mega Ring Tuffy - he's had that about 3 years and plays with it every day.

Then his Kyjen bottle buddy and Kyjen Invincible snake.

He's got others he plays in phases with, but the ones above are the ones he never seems to forget about.

ETA - when he was a pup he loved his Kong too, and his sandpit!

Edited by wagsalot