Best Kibble For Puppies

Im gettin a labrador in a couple of weeks and am keen to hear opinions on the best kibbles around.. the breeder has her on coprice, but i have done alot of research and i find black hawk holistics, artemis, Eagle pack and natural balance the best in terms of ingredients (proteins etc..) just wondering who is useing these brands and what you think.. and/or any suggestions..

I use proplan and black hawk myself combined with raw food for my guys at the moment. in the past when I have had times where the dollars have been tight I have also used Uncle Albers and Coprice. They did better on Coprice than Uncle Albers but still looked fine on either, just the output and volume fed is less with pro plan and black hawk.

You will hear so many answers to this question but in reality the best kibble is the 1 your dog best on and that you can afford to fee. Some dogs do brilliantly on 1 type of food and terribly on another so there is no perfect answer to this question.

I have been feeding my BC Puppy on Black Hawk Adult since I got him at 11 weeks of age. He also gets a raw meaty bone, like half a turkey neck in the mornings & a bit of mince/sardines or egg on his kibble at night which adds a bit more protein to his diet.

I feed my 6 month old lab a mixture of black hawk, sardines, barf, yogurt, chicken frames, wings, necks, eggs and mixed veg (left overs from us) not all at the same time of course. I also add melrose omega 3 pet blend to her food. She is not crazy about kibble and I have tried advance, royal canin and BH but her coat is much much better on BH and it's cheaper too.

Good luck with your lab. They are the sweetest pups in the world :-)

Evening primrose oil caps are great for the skin and coat :)

Im going to try the Royal Canin Lab Junior with my pup and then switch him to Earthborn Holistic Ocean Fusion which my adult dog eats mixed with meat, yoghurt, sardines etc and a bone daily

Hi BC crazy, what is cocos skin & coat? I use the flax seed oil but always up for ways to improve my girls health.

Rufus & Coco, Super Skin & Coat comes in a powder form & its got Vit.A Omega 3,6 & 9 & other stuff in it & I just sprinkle a bit on their dinner & I don't use nearly as much as they say to on the container.

I have always used it & I always get complimented on my kids coats, beautiful & shinny. I buy it online from Vetnpet.Hope this was of help. :)

Thanks BC it sounds very similar to the melrose omega blend I am using and it comes in liquid form. My girl had a very rough wavy back but after using this for a while her back is now smooth and very shiny. :-) it's funny how well we look after our dogs. I went to the natural vitamin shop and inquired about supplements for me, decided they were too expensive and only walked out with things for my pup. I'm sure she has a better diet than I do!

On my breeders advice I fed my Boston pup Canidae Grain Free along with raw, then tried to gradually switch him over to Black Hawk as his dry component. It did not work well, (dandruff and bad poos). He's now back on the Canidae, doing really well and his coat is fantastic.

It really is whatever works best for your dog is the best food to feed them :)