Chihuahua - Menacing Dog

j

It does, and that is why they offer a review, an independent review by another officer every body in qld knows about neighbourhood disputes escalating menacing dog controls.

it was said when it was brought in in 09 the numbers will blow up, thats not to say it hasnt been good it has imo, because there are some real menacing dogs one step below dangerous.

This dog lives in my mother in laws unit block. The dog is blind and has 1 tooth. The unit block is fully fenced but the council deemed it wasnt in a fenced area. The lady that reported the dog as menacing is not very popular.

Popularity shouldn't come into it ... the dog should never have been allowed to rush at anyone particularly given it is blind and "protective" - a good recipe for a bite to occur - it should have been under effective control and not allowed to "rush" at anyone.

Guest lavendergirl

if the dog is blind then it must be frightening and confusing for it to be left to wander around the unit complex so it is no wonder it is reacting the way it is. I presume some sort of investigation was done and other residents may have been questioned as to the supervision of the dog by its owner. So.. nope still don't feel sorry for the owner - just the dog.

I had a cup of coffee with my MIL this morning and the dog is no longer classed as a dangerous dog by the Townsville City council, and what was on TV was way over the top and the whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

I had a cup of coffee with my MIL this morning and the dog is no longer classed as a dangerous dog by the Townsville City council, and what was on TV was way over the top and the whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

Gosh - that's a leap - what now if this irresponsible owner happens to not keep her dog contained in it's fenced area and it does bite someone? The council were aware of it, classed it as menacing and over-turned the decision forseeably in the face of negative publicity.

I know neighbours can be pretty vindictive at times but at units it's a shared area and people should be able to enjoy that area without someone's pet encroaching on their enjoyment. I think this owner is extremely lucky to be allowed to have a pet at all. If the lady making the complaint isn't popular, it was fair warning that there'd probably be an issue if the dog wasn't under control.

Some people are unbelievable - they feign outrage and victimisation when they are caught out for doing the wrong thing and get the media involved so someone will feel sorry for them and pay their way.

Edited by conztruct

There was a tiny chi living at the end of our old street and if it ever got out (which it did frequently), you could NOT walk past the house because it would rush you and try to bite you. It was a nasty little thing and would have gladly bitten someone.

Size shouldn't matter - a nasty dog is a nasty dog.

There was a tiny chi living at the end of our old street and if it ever got out (which it did frequently), you could NOT walk past the house because it would rush you and try to bite you. It was a nasty little thing and would have gladly bitten someone.

Size shouldn't matter - a nasty dog is a nasty dog.

my parents had a nasty little dog living next door to them years ago. Children were regularly rushed at and would run onto the street without looking to avoid being bitten. It was a street that lead to the local primary school and had reasonable amount of traffic as well.

people like that give a bad name to all dog owners! it sounds to me that owner is very irresponsible. some think just because its a chihuahua and small they don't have to worry about it and let it wander around obviously so it can trip someone up and rush at them. :mad if she doesn't have fences then keep it inside and when outside to toilet or whatever use a lead.

Edited by toy dog

Obviously she appealed it, it was looked at independently and found in her favour. every person has this right to appeal. What the crap sheets print is usually not the facts but a point of opinion as proper journalism is well on lacking these days.

Edited by -GT-

:madPoor dog, silly owner.

My mother lives in a retirement village and her neighbour tripped and fell over a dog running loose and ended up in hospital for almost 5 months with a broken leg, this was a fit and agile 78 year old , people just dont heal so quickly at that age. Dogs owner STILL lets the dog off leash in the area despite numerous complaints, dog is a bouncy young medium sized friendly dog, owner is being irresponsible and will eventually loose the right to have a dog in the complex.

Unfortunately there seem to be lots of neighbour disputes in these retirement areas.

:madPoor dog, silly owner.

My mother lives in a retirement village and her neighbour tripped and fell over a dog running loose and ended up in hospital for almost 5 months with a broken leg, this was a fit and agile 78 year old , people just dont heal so quickly at that age.

Very sad for your mum's neighbour. It's because of people like this one that old people in retirement homes are usually not allowed to take their faithful dogs with them. What a shame.