Pick Up After Your Dogs Show People!

woodbyne

Ok i have been stewing on this for almost a week last weekend we went to a dog show and camped there two nights. We were one of the first there to set up camp and not a dog poo insight and how did things change.... by Sunday you could not walk 3 meteres without spotting one and someone even had the hide to allow their dog to poo right at the back of my car.... Far out people we are supposed to be the responsible ones just cause you aren't in the ring or just around it doesn't give you the right not to clean up after your dogs people can see you. On two occaions i had to give a plastic bag to 2 different people as they were about to walk off and not pick up both were looking around to see if nayone was watchingand both said oh i was just going to get a bag. ummm if you are walking or toiletting a dog would you not take a bag with you.... Sorry its my pet peeve luckily i live out of town but i still pick up after my 3 dogs EVERY DAY and they have run of the 5 acre house paddock....

It's not just poo.........there's also allowing dogs to pee on chair legs, gazebo poles, car wheels etc. Bloody disgusting.

I hate that! I had the corner of my crate just sticking past the edge of my gazebo one time and a lady let her dog cocked his leg on it. All she said was "Sorry, it's a boy thing" No it's not! It's a stupid owner thing!

applies to pet owners to we get clients who feel its fine for there dogs to pee up our BBQ,outdoor setting etc etc ( they have to walk the dog over to these items for it to happen )

They poo n our front lawn & don't pick it up or even mention there dog has had an accidient .

It's not just poo.........there's also allowing dogs to pee on chair legs, gazebo poles, car wheels etc. Bloody disgusting.

I agree. Can't believe people stand there and let their dog's do it.

Fatsoman, there's responsible and irresponsible in all aspects of the dog world. Being a show exhibitor doesn't guarantee a higher standard of behaviour. Unfortunately. :(

Yuck. Although I have to admit I have had to leave a poo and come back with a bag. Normally when I either - think they're going to wee... or discover I have a holey bag...

But I never leave it. Eww. I have seen some shockers left by show people - mousse poos indeed. And Moose sized... :eek:

I hate that! I had the corner of my crate just sticking past the edge of my gazebo one time and a lady let her dog cocked his leg on it. All she said was "Sorry, it's a boy thing" No it's not! It's a stupid owner thing!

We have a rule in our house that when out for a walk NONE OF THE DOGS, Dog or Bitch, are allowed to pee in the main street ie on bins, poles, fences, especially where people are likely to eat. We have vacant blocks and grassed areas for that. And always pick up your dogs poo.

So many times we have had tourists walking their dogs past our place and they have let their dogs toilet without picking it up. I go out and hand them a poo bag (nappy bags are best as they are scented) and get them to pick it up and tell them there are bins/skips in the main street. Common decency and respect are sadly lacking these days. :mad

Diarrhoea right near my tent that hadn't been washed last weekend!! Just feral- if you can't pick it up you dump as much water as you can on it, and then use your own shoe to try and get some dust and dirt over it!!! Thankfully I missed it with my fluffy on the way over, otherwise I would have been washing poop out of a very furry paw!!

My boys live inside, and don't mark there, they have also learnt not to mark on gazebos etc- I will let them pee near ring poles because I know they are going to miss it (they suck at marking!). It certainly is not a boy thing- it is laziness not to have appropriately toileted your boy if you know they are likely to mark peoples things- I just keep going along the trees till they are out of urine before putting them in situations where I think their training will be tested. You can't make a mess if you have nothing to make it with!

Isaak pees on the weeds along the edge of the garden beds and he gets so focussed he forgets his aim and piddles all over the fluffy bits on the back of his front legs. Thank dog for Wonder Wash!

I don't know if its the season for laziness, but I was at one of my usual parks this morning with my two and it looked filthy. This is a very large recreation area, close to ten acres where lots of sports are held, but the dogs are allowed there when games aren't on. Its usually almost spotless, but this morning it was like dodging mines. It infuriates me.

Mind you the lazy cow down two houses down from me who 'walks' her dog by letting it run free every morning makes me even madder. I'm sick to death of picking up after her dog as it empties out on my nature strip.

If that was Harden, there were some Brontosaurus sized poos out the back near the horse track. Some people (whether showies, pet owners or whatever) think they are too good to pick up shit and they won't change until they are made to change. I'm not usually a fan of DNA based big brother style regulation but I can see an argument for registering a dog's dna with the controlling bodies (or council) and pinging exhibitors (or pet owners) who don't pick up. The technology should be good enough and cheap enough within the next 5-10 years.

Guest lavendergirl

People who walk their dogs "under cover of darkness" are usually big culprits around here!

I

Mind you the lazy cow down two houses down from me who 'walks' her dog by letting it run free every morning makes me even madder. I'm sick to death of picking up after her dog as it empties out on my nature strip.

Our neighbour many moons ago also got feed up so neatly bagged the poo & placed it in the letter box with a note "return to sender"

Worked very well i must say,