Cats, Carnabys, Crows, Caterpillars And Other Critters.

CrazyCresties

So in between the many rain showers on Saturday, I managed to get out into the garden for an hour to try and get my pic for the 52 week challenge. I ended up getting more than the one pic I needed :laugh: So thought I would share some of the others here - hope you enjoy them :)

Indy

5996648143_9c2b25964c_z.jpg

Carnabys in the rain

5996648283_c72540f17e_z.jpg

and trying to get rid of the crows :laugh:

5996648887_4584df453b_z.jpg

5996648993_fd148ea74e_z.jpg

Soggy Caterpillar that looked like a little jewel :)

5996648545_1c6f699403_z.jpg

5997202140_b5c29c883d_z.jpg

Adventurous snail that made it to the top!

5997201452_53fbd5b326_z.jpg

And finally a little lizard I had to move back outside after it found its way into the kitchen :)

5996671915_b170625d6d_z.jpg

It was a busy hour in the end :laugh:

Thanks everyone :D I managed to use 3 of my 4 lenses in that time as well, I kept having to swap back to the macro :laugh:

nice! I love the shot of Indy! big fan of that angle and the light through the tree is just wonderful imho, oh and the black and white tones work well :)

Thank you :D I really like that one too, but still don't have enough confidence in my pics to think it's a good one in general :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

So that's what those birds are called! They must be THE most annoying birds on the planet! Damn you carnabys! They love the huge tree in our backyard so big groups of them come and rip the leaves out and make such a racket. You can hear them coming from a mile away because they are so loud :laugh: Little buggers also scare our poor chickens and are terrorising a local magpie family that nests in the same tree.

Great photos though :)

Thanks everyone :)

Beautiful pictures, my fave is the snail, but I am a huge fan of snails in general. Yep, I'm a weirdo. :laugh:

Snail are cool, when I was a kid I used to collect garden snails to have as my pets :laugh:

So that's what those birds are called! They must be THE most annoying birds on the planet! Damn you carnabys!

Mim, you should count yourself lucky to even see them in your garden :thumbsup:

"Once numerous, the charismatic and highly mobile Carnaby’s Black-Cockatoo is now classified by the Western Australian Government as ‘rare or likely to become extinct’ and by the Australian Government as Endangered. The last 50 years has seen a 50% decline in the population and their range has been reduced by up to one third."

http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/our-projects/carnabys-black-cockatoo-recovery.html

Wonderful pics thanks for sharing - love the cockatoos, how privileged are you having them in your garden, sad they are now a threatened speecies - amazing birds

Edited by Mags