I Love German Shepherds But Hate The Hair Shed Is A Dobermann Similar

muso

When (Sat or Sun and when o'clock)is this Adelaide dog show on and where is it held?

That sounds like a great idea for the whole family, thanks heaps for all the replies from you people :)

SACA Park - Cromwell Road, Kilburn.

The Dobe Specialty is on tomorrow at 1.30 ish - so there will be alot more Dobes there tomorrow compared to the other days. Quite a few are making the trip just for that show, me included :). Come and introduce yourselves if you like - (I will have a purple checked jacket on) - am more than happy to introduce your family to my dogs.

When (Sat or Sun and when o'clock)is this Adelaide dog show on and where is it held?

That sounds like a great idea for the whole family, thanks heaps for all the replies from you people :)

SACA Park - Cromwell Road, Kilburn.

The Dobe Specialty is on tomorrow at 1.30 ish - so there will be alot more Dobes there tomorrow compared to the other days. Quite a few are making the trip just for that show, me included :). Come and introduce yourselves if you like - (I will have a purple checked jacket on) - am more than happy to introduce your family to my dogs.

Thanks heaps, that's very kind of you, we will try and make it by 1.30 not sure when my wife finishes work tomorrow, but I'll keep an eye out for you :)

I'd love to be able to find a Shepherd with the bigger more solid chest and head like this American dog :)

He looks like a boy, but a lot I see here in Adelaide look the same whether it's a male or female they are both thin and fine boned.

post-41351-0-68225600-1312545593_thumb.jpg

Edited by muso

I'd love to be able to find a Shepherd with the bigger more solid chest and head like this American dog :)

He looks like a boy, but a lot I see here in Adelaide look the same whether it's a male or female they are both thin and fine boned.

Why not go down to the GSD club in SA one weekend or one training night and see what dogs they have over there?

There are some lovely gsds in SA, not fine and thin looking :)

Or go to a show and have a look.

Some gsd breeders over your way - just off the top of my head -

Vonpeta

keedara

Asterhund

Rhosyn

Leppsdorf

There are more but they are the ones i can think of at this time of night

Hey Muso, you said somewhere in there, you were worried about dobies and kids. This is my son playing with my bitch Opal who then was about 2 years old. Please excuse the Better Homes and Gardens going in the background.

It all depends how you bring the dogs and kids up, bring them up together and they will love and play together.

Thanks for all the tips everyone I will check out the GSD and dobermann scene in Adelaide, I am at this point also trying to establish whether my family is going through a "doggy phase" that will pass or are truly committed and dedicated to raising a dog as a member of the family :)

Over here in Australia ear cropping and I think tail lopping is outlawed so a Dobermann with floppy ears and a long tail would not look as menacing as the "tough but good" looking ones with the ears and tails done. My Shepherd (Kaiser) was such a wimp that it was almost annoying he really wasn't such a good guard dog but he was a good pet, I never heard him growl even when he was eating, my wife used to have a Maltese which would snap at your face and bite without warning, it bit me, my daughter and my son's friend on the face, we gave it to an older lady as a lap dog and they were both happy.

A lot of previous German Shepherd owners become Anatolian Shepherd owners,

although there's more to each breed than noble, handsome good looks :)

raven5s.jpg

ravenanddragons.jpg

Thanks for all the tips everyone I will check out the GSD and dobermann scene in Adelaide, I am at this point also trying to establish whether my family is going through a "doggy phase" that will pass or are truly committed and dedicated to raising a dog as a member of the family :)

:thumbsup:

Over here in Australia ear cropping and I think tail lopping is outlawed so a Dobermann with floppy ears and a long tail would not look as menacing as the "tough but good" looking ones with the ears and tails done. My Shepherd (Kaiser) was such a wimp that it was almost annoying he really wasn't such a good guard dog but he was a good pet, I never heard him growl even when he was eating, my wife used to have a Maltese which would snap at your face and bite without warning, it bit me, my daughter and my son's friend on the face, we gave it to an older lady as a lap dog and they were both happy.

raven5s.jpg

ravenanddragons.jpg

The Anatolian Shepherds are beautiful, thanks for the pics :)

what about a Bouvier?

Don't know much about them, Mindy plays with one at the park sometimes though, gorgeous looking dog, the coat looks to be fairly non/low shedding.

They are a guardian/herding breed like the dobe and GSD I think and are quite protective of their families like the GSD and Dobe.

Gorgeous Anatolians Lilli. One day.....one day I will add one to my pack - I love them :D