Dogtainers >:(

Guest HarperGD

Guest HarperGD

I just want to vent about how rude Dogtainers are.

I contacted them the other night about organising a flight for my pup from Sydney to Ballina. The guy on the phone was SO RUDE to me, saying he wasn't sure if Ballina accepted pets and he would call me back the next day to let me know. I told him it was urgent. He said he wanted to go home so would call me the next day (it was only 4pm) :mad

Needless to say, he never called me back. Not that it mattered, immediately after hanging up I booked with Jetpets instead and their customer service was amazing.

This isn't the first time I have had Dogtainers be rude to me on the phone. When pup was originally flown up from Albury I was ringing around trying to pay for his flight and they just kept passing me from one office to the other, getting frustrated with ME. Grrrrrrr.

Never again.

Anyway rant over. I will write a proper complaint to the company.

When flying Hugo up to Brisbane, we booked for Jetpets too. They were cheaper than Dogtainers by $50 :laugh: Can't remember a thing about their service because it was just a minute-long phone conversation. Sucks that you got treated like that though!

Interesting, I am using them to fly a dog to New Zealand, they have been absolutely fantastic, and they were $700 cheaper than Jetpets. I also got a quote to fly a dog from Bathurst to Coffs Harbour, quoted straight away and $100 cheaper than Jetpets.

I suppose poor customer services happens in all areas!

Last time I used dogtainers they forgot to book the flight for the puppy even though they took the new owner's money off his credit card. Not amused to be at the airport at 7am on a Sunday with no booking and the new owners had driven to the destination airport the night before so were even less amused.

All good in the end thanks to the much maligned freight department staff.

Edited by Sandra777

I've found dogtainers fantastic and jetpets awful :laugh: also jetpets a lot more expensive. i guess it depends on who is on the other end of the phone..

they both use the same freight company who are pretty crappy. I have always spoken to the freight company myself and also dropped pets there myself with specific instructions and orders and many stickers on animal boxes etc!! I also always ring airports to check on their regs. and they do not mind this at all. I prefer to double check things myself.

I have also flown pets from rural areas and done my homework myself first. Many rural airports/planes do not take pets, or else have many restrictions or even only take one per flight so you need to make sure no one else is taking a pet on that flight..

Then there are all the different rules and regs for each airline and how much you can save if you travel with them (or someone else does) etc.

Usually if there is an issue it is brought about from the airfreight company or the airline itself, it's a bloody minefield and really needs to be regulated in some way. :)

Edited by Monah

I've flown close to 30 dogs/pups with them over the years and I've never had an issue with them or their service. I book through the Canberra office and they are always pleasant and know what they are doing.

The only time I've had a problem, one was a dipshit courier service and the other was Qantas cancelled a flight.

We've never had any issues with Dogtainers - and they went above and beyond to help one of our adopters get their dog to Lord Howe Island. Nothing has ever been a hassle, and they always ring both the evening before pickup to confirm, and on approach the day of the pickup - can't fault our experiences with them to date.

T.

I don't understand why people don't book direct with the airline? No overhead...

Tried that and Dog tainers can do it cheaper. I always email and get the quote in writing and they are back at me within a few hours.

I don't understand why people don't book direct with the airline? No overhead...

The agents get cheaper prices, and now with the rule changes in some places you can't book direct yourself.

Edited by Sandra777