Can Any One Recognize This Breed?

Spudd

looks like a shaggy schnauzer to me.

:eek: they don't come in those colours .

I too would say lagotto,typical colouring for them

i know they don't come in brown but they do come in

"Colour: All pepper and salt colours in even proportions, or pure black, or black and silver. That is, solid black with silver markings on eyebrow, muzzle, chest and brisket and on the forelegs below the point of elbow, on inside of hindlegs below the stifle joint, on vent and under tail. "

and clearly the orange light can alter what the colour looks like ;)

looks like a shaggy schnauzer to me.

:eek: they don't come in those colours .

I too would say lagotto,typical colouring for them

i know they don't come in brown but they do come in

"Colour: All pepper and salt colours in even proportions, or pure black, or black and silver. That is, solid black with silver markings on eyebrow, muzzle, chest and brisket and on the forelegs below the point of elbow, on inside of hindlegs below the stifle joint, on vent and under tail. "

and clearly the orange light can alter what the colour looks like ;)

I breed Minis they don't come in those markings it anit a schnauzer of any colour .

Becks yes a spanish water dog could be very possible

I dont think its a lagotto. I know two and both have extremely tight curles when the coat is short, becoming looser but still defined curles when the coat is the length is similar to the dog in the picture. That dog has a much straighter coat. I would be inclined to say that is a portugese water dog (having only seen pictures) or a cross between a poodle and something else.

That said if your friend likes the look of that dog then lagottos are a great breed to go for.

Check out the link I provided, none of the adult Lagotti on that site have tight curls, they have loose, slightly shaggy curls. They are most definitely purebred dogs, I know the breeder.

Didn't someone say earlier in the thread that they checked with Hills and the dog has been confirmed a Lagotto?

A Lagotto, in fact has almost identical colouring to mine. I could dig up a similar photo.

Curls depend on age of dog and time between cuts. Front on like that they can look shaggy.

Lagotto's come in Brown (roan, white and orange) but not black.

Edited by Sigismund