Puppy Sleeping Outside?

alli78

I have an almost 11 week newf puppy, who until last night was sleeping on my bed, last night he stood on the end of the bed barking. I took him out four times to toilet with each time needing to entice him to come inside, the fourth time he walked out and layed down to sleep so I let him stay out. Tonight he has done the same thing, is it wrong to let him stay out all night at this age

I'd also be asking your breeder

As a young pup I would say no but he is a newf and it may be he is just too hot inside, but I'm really not sure, so that's why I suggest contacting his breeder

Otherwise crate him at night and hopefully apart from one or two toilet stops he should sleep through the night.

Our GSD slept outside from about 12 weeks as she started to chew door frames! :eek: But she was happy on her bed and as we headed towards the cooler months she got a crate to double as her kennel. She's a chewer unfortunately. We cover the crate so it is warm for her and after dinner she puts herself to bed. All our GSD's were sleeping outside from fairly young in a kennel near the back door. Should be fine with bedding/kennel etc. :D

My pups have been outside with out mum since about 6 weeks old. They are short haired Border Collies. They are fine. They have a bed of sawdust to curl up in to get warm. They are 11 weeks old now and aren't all in with each other all the time and they are fine. They have blankets, hay and beds if they want. One does get to go in the shed with the adult dogs though as he is too noisy playing in the night. :D

I have an almost 11 week newf puppy, who until last night was sleeping on my bed, last night he stood on the end of the bed barking. I took him out four times to toilet with each time needing to entice him to come inside, the fourth time he walked out and layed down to sleep so I let him stay out. Tonight he has done the same thing, is it wrong to let him stay out all night at this age

You were game letting him sleep on your bed, my boy sleeps on the kitchen tiles to stay cool so I also agree that he was to hot on your bed. Is the outside where he sleeps under cover? If yes I think he would be fine, if its not under cover you will need to get some sort of cover built to keep him out of the rain. I don't think he would go in a kennel again that would be to hot.

I would love to see an updated photo, my Newf Grizzly is now five months and keeps me on my toes.