What Is Your Dog Affraid Of ?

Spudd

The mop cant get him to like vacuum cleaner he is now fine with but the mop he does not like we tried changing the mop head even tho it was still sort of new only been use for 2 weeks buy no he will bark and bark and bark at it

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feathers . . .

43kg Black Male Dobermann who jumps all four feet off the ground about 5 foot in the air if he comes across a feather on the ground :rofl: . His daughter Emme was running around with one in her mouth the other day when they were running together and he was beside himself - like he had to save her - ????????????? have no idea what started this or why but its hilarious. Need to take the video camera . . .

:laugh: Maybe he was terrorised by a pigeon? or savaged by a chicken?

Well he has actually killed one of our neighbours chooks (who decided our yard with 2 dobes in it was a good place to be ???) and he gets great joy out of chasing birds in general. So no - its just feathers :) . Wouldn't you just love them to be able to speak sometimes.

Guest Clover

The only one that springs to mind is Elvis and the beeping as we go through Citylink/ Eastlink, he is terrified of it and i dont know why. We usually crank up the radio or talk loudly so he does not notice and that seems to work.

Feathers . . .

43kg Black Male Dobermann who jumps all four feet off the ground about 5 foot in the air if he comes across a feather on the ground :rofl: . His daughter Emme was running around with one in her mouth the other day when they were running together and he was beside himself - like he had to save her - ????????????? have no idea what started this or why but its hilarious. Need to take the video camera . . .

:laugh: Maybe he was terrorised by a pigeon? or savaged by a chicken?

:rofl: Love it :rofl:

But then, I find my boxer with his pumpkin phobia pretty hilarious too. :laugh:

My little Gilly is afraid of squeeky toys.

He was traumatised at traing one day, we where in a group and there was a group just near us and they were doing squeeky toy fun.They all squeeked at once, that was enough to terrify Gilly he bolted and ended up hideing under my friends car.Poor little bloke.

Bob hates strorms as does Blake.

Bob also hates gun shots.

The vacuum cleaner, I only have to open the cuboard and she bolts, have found her stuck behind the lounge and inside cuboards after vacuuming have tried desensitising and changed machine, but given up now.

Ironing, just takes herself outside

dogs bigger than her and horses, scardey cat hides behind me.

Now brooms and mops and hoses are a different matter, they are to be played with and dragged around with :)

Bert- is a fearless little bugger, but he HATES fireworks, they stress him out no end. Also, balloons send him into a barking frenzy. He is also not keen on any loud constant noise on the telly (like a strong drum beat or heart beat sound).

Sally- she is scared of the noise you make when you pop a pill out of the foil. she bolts when she hears it.

she hates sudden loud noises on the tv

fireworks,

sudden bangs outside

anything that is odd or different in the house: i.e we put a box down where it shouldnt be.

the hairdryer

the lawnmower

Sally is just a bit special :D

Bridges. My girl doesn't like crossing bridges, mostly bridges carrying traffic. Wooden bridges aren't too bad but traffic or metal bridges I can get drooling and splayed legs, so we generally avoid them if we can. Takes out some our best walks unfortunately.

Clancy does not like fireworks or the really intense wet season storms, is also absolutely petrified of the ginormous Buddha that sits outside a house on one of our walks.

Connor is still scared of other dogs (since Christmas after an attack) but he is slowly getting better! Connor hates those articulated skateboards,if you know hwat I mean....it's like he does not know which way to go to get away from them!

Annie

The only thing I've come across that Vulcan has seemed genuinely scared of was a concrete sheep (sculpture) in the main street of Berry NSW :rolleyes:

:laugh: I had forgotten the dog statue collecting box for Dogs for the Blind, Marlin didnt see it until the last minute and absolutely bolted, from then on whenever we got near it she would walk at full length of the lead as far away as she could, not taking her eyes off it in case it chased her :laugh: .

:laugh: I had forgotten the dog statue collecting box for Dogs for the Blind, Marlin didnt see it until the last minute and absolutely bolted, from then on whenever we got near it she would walk at full length of the lead as far away as she could, not taking her eyes off it in case it chased her :laugh: .

Years ago one of ours freaked out at a Guide Dog collection box so one day we set up a takeout lunch next to it and 'cough' fed the statue and made a fuss of it. Earned some very strange looks from passers-by but it sorted the real dog's issues.

We had some progress with the iron today... which is the good news.

The bad news is, I went home to a totally soaked and muddy dog... this only usually occurs during storms... well, sometimes heavy rain too (yes she has a fear of rain would you believe)...

Today's main concern is the combination of wind AND rain... Her solution is to sit out in the middle of the yard in it, or hide down the (now very muddy) side of the house under the clam shell pool (which is leaning against the house).

My solution... just shrug my shoulders and tell her she's insane. :(

for some inexplicable reason, my little girl is terrified of 'beards' and more appropriately, men with beards. Doesn't help that my dear, aged dad has a full blown beard!

Sorry, but :rofl:

Sasha's weirdest ones include hi visibility vests or clothing, and aeroplanes that do the sky writing or leave the vapour trail behind them...