Ekka Brags (2011)

BittyMooPeeb

I thought I would start a brag and comment thread about the EKKA.

My brag is getting Best Of Breed Havanese :D. This is Magic's (Ch Cubet Abracadabra) second Royal BOB this year, and third overall. He was BOB Hav at Sydney Royal this year, and Meb Royal 2 years ago. Tiger (Cubet Tiger Lil) suprised us all by winning her class :laugh: and being considered for BCC. Buzzy Bee (Cubana's Barbados Buzz) won his class of one :). Aislinn (Cubet Visionary) made me proud in baby class by (1) walking in the ring (2) having her tail at least somewhat up! Magic's daughter (not owned by me) won baby puppy of breed, so I had a very lucky day.

There were plenty of downsides to the day - it was a Brisbane Royal that tested even seasoned EKKA exhibitors. So if you are yet to show, be prepared for rude officials*, terrible organisation*, breeds breaking in the middle of judging, no BOB photos and crowds like I have not seen before at the EKKA. We got told off so many times I have lost count (and we are both quiet, considerate exhibitors I think).

So .... who else will be at General Specials day?

* there were some lovely officials and not all the organisation was terrible of course :). One huge plus was the plush puppy grooming area.

Congrats on your Ekka results :)

no BOB photos

Lots of people have had their BOB photos taken?

I entered Ekka but didn't show as my Puppy bitch has just come out of season, so I've had a couple of relaxing days just observing from the grandstands :) I have been really surprised by the poor entries in some breeds though.

Congrats on your Ekka results :)

no BOB photos

Lots of people have had their BOB photos taken?

I entered Ekka but didn't show as my Puppy bitch has just come out of season, so I've had a couple of relaxing days just observing from the grandstands :) I have been really surprised by the poor entries in some breeds though.

Hi Miss B

On Havanese day I asked about getting BOB photos but the photographer didn't seem in a good mood and he said he was going home early and had run out of battery power anyway. He also spent AGES on each dog, so I would not have got in anyway (up to 20 mins per dog). I know he did quite a few private sittings though, and his signs clearly state that he is available for private sittings during the EKKA. Maybe the photographers need to be asked to prioritise BOB photos over private sittings?

Hi Miss B

On Havanese day I asked about getting BOB photos but the photographer didn't seem in a good mood and he said he was going home early and had run out of battery power anyway. He also spent AGES on each dog, so I would not have got in anyway (up to 20 mins per dog). I know he did quite a few private sittings though, and his signs clearly state that he is available for private sittings during the EKKA. Maybe the photographers need to be asked to prioritise BOB photos over private sittings?

Wow, that's disappointing :(

Well no actual brags except that we had a fantastic day at EKKA showing today, Banjo who hasnt been into a ring since May and looked like a dogs brekkie so to speak showed really well in the desexed sweepies and I just had fun.. got a good 2nd look from the judge and the exhibitor standing next to me and I thoight that he was gonna give it to me but hey it was just a good day

Funny moment of the day the announcer was telling the crowd about the class and she was like now these dogs here normally range from about 6 - 10 yrs.. I get up the top and the judge goes; "how old is this dog" and I reply "3" lmao

Have to agree with you too BMP. I lost count of how many times I was told off. Some of the stewards were incredibly rude although I did find one that went out of his way to help me. I havent been to EKKA for a few years and was shocked at the difference.

That said I did have a great time. BOB and RUBOB with the greyhounds in show classes. I did really well in race bred greyhound sweeps too. 1st in broodbitch and bich over 12mths, 1st and 2nd in puppy bitch 6-12mths, and 2nd in puppy dog 6-12mths.

I had to leave my BOB greyhound in Bris and come back home. Unlikely to get back to show her but she is in fantastic hands. Just hope she behaves on Sat.

Have to agree with you too BMP. I lost count of how many times I was told off. Some of the stewards were incredibly rude although I did find one that went out of his way to help me. I havent been to EKKA for a few years and was shocked at the difference.

That said I did have a great time. BOB and RUBOB with the greyhounds in show classes. I did really well in race bred greyhound sweeps too. 1st in broodbitch and bich over 12mths, 1st and 2nd in puppy bitch 6-12mths, and 2nd in puppy dog 6-12mths.

I had to leave my BOB greyhound in Bris and come back home. Unlikely to get back to show her but she is in fantastic hands. Just hope she behaves on Sat.

it was a greyt result :thumbsup: Go Pickle for Saturday

Well no actual brags except that we had a fantastic day at EKKA showing today, Banjo who hasnt been into a ring since May and looked like a dogs brekkie so to speak showed really well in the desexed sweepies and I just had fun.. got a good 2nd look from the judge and the exhibitor standing next to me and I thoight that he was gonna give it to me but hey it was just a good day

Funny moment of the day the announcer was telling the crowd about the class and she was like now these dogs here normally range from about 6 - 10 yrs.. I get up the top and the judge goes; "how old is this dog" and I reply "3" lmao

I think you were a bit ripped Smisch, you definately should have picked up at least 3rd in the Sweepies !!!

I think you were a bit ripped Smisch, you definately should have picked up at least 3rd in the Sweepies !!!

hahahaha naah we walked out there with no expectations cos hes looking crappy next to the pic on my Sig.. I didnt think we'd be doing many more shows so I havent been keeping him as in shape and clean cut as I usually would... just Beaudesert left to go and then that'll be it for him :( unless anymore neuters come up between now and Xmas.. BTW congrats on your win I didnt even see it on FB you must be thrilled :) I'll be there cheering you on on Sat!!!

Congrats everyone. Good luck on Sat.

Unfortunately I wont be there but Miss Pickle will be. Hope she performs well :crossfingers:

BMP we will definately have to compare notes LOL I was really surprized at how rude some of the stewards were

Congrats everyone. Good luck on Sat.

Unfortunately I wont be there but Miss Pickle will be. Hope she performs well :crossfingers:

BMP we will definately have to compare notes LOL I was really surprized at how rude some of the stewards were

It is interesting that you found the stewards rude... I have never found them to be so. I know most of the stewards and they are very efficient at getting everyone organised, even those who are in a bit of a flap and trying to get dogs groomed or those too busy talking to friends. Maybe it is because I have been to the Ekka so many times now that I know what is required and always let them know what dogs I have in upcoming classes and had helpers ready with my dogs. :) I think the stewards at the ekka do an awesome job!

Just a brag from the Pugs today on behalf of Kristy De Freitas.

Pugs today 62 entries.

Multi BIS/BISS Aust Grand Ch & NZ Ch Sweetess Ice Crystal kicked arse today winning the Open bitch class of 10.. going on to win the bitch CC and RUBOB. :thumbsup:

The Dog CC and BOB went to a dog bred by Kristy and owned by Colleen Khoury of Quom Pugs

Ch. Sweetess Dudleys Magic. :thumbsup:

I didn't find the stewards rude, but we were first breed on and ready to go in the marshelling area well ahead of time.

It was my first time at the Ekka, I don't think I'll go back - not a fan of the toileting area and they squished us with Fields in what would best be described as a toy-sized benching area while the maltese had these huge big benches. That just didn't make sense!!!

I didn't find the stewards rude, but we were first breed on and ready to go in the marshelling area well ahead of time.

It was my first time at the Ekka, I don't think I'll go back - not a fan of the toileting area and they squished us with Fields in what would best be described as a toy-sized benching area while the maltese had these huge big benches. That just didn't make sense!!!

Next year it isnt going to be there..

I heard its being move to where woolies is..