Best Friends Pet Superstore

Baileys mum

As I said in another post, I was there yesterday & there was not one animal for sale in the store, which is why I thought they didn't sell pets...another poster has said that she overheard the staff saying they had sold out on small pets & where ordering more, that are due in a couple of days.

After reading all the responses in this thread ..I'm afraid I probably won't be going back either.

I know, cos I've now read the whole thread. :laugh:

Apart from the selling of animals etc. I honestly couldn't find anything to buy. Much rather my local.

I have one, and will never set foot in store again, mostly because of the extremely poor service and lack of customer service skills from the staff, the one near me doesn't sell pets

The people that work in the Melton store where extreamly friendly & helpful....I don't know if this is because the store is still fairly new & there trying to keep new customers, or if the staff in Melton are just genuinely nice.

The one near me is only fairly new, but it was called Pet Hypermarket, so they could just have kept the same staff on from when the first store closed, and Best Friends opened

There is a Best Friends opening in Cranbourne soon - at the Cranbourne Homemaker Centre (in old Betta Electrical spot). The people who own/owned the Pet Goods Direct Franchise is closing that store and opening the Best Friends next door.

Just had a sticky at there website.

"We have a wide range of live fish, birds, reptiles and small pets for sale. We do not sell dogs or cats, however through our association with the Lost Dogs Home and Western Cat Shelter, we do have cats and kittens available for adoption and when looking for a cat or dog to become a new family member encourage people to Think Adoption Firstâ„¢."

There's one near us (in Point Cook) and it's pretty good. They do sell birds, reptiles, rodents and fish and do cat & kitten adoptions for The Lost Dogs Home. I shop there semi-regularly because it has a much better range and more knowledgeable staff than the local Petstock (and it's closer to home) and I've always been impressed with the condition of the enclosures, cages and tanks. They always look clean and are never over-crowded. There's a guy who works there - he might even be the owner - who breeds cats (won't say which breed because it's not a common one) and he's really knowledgeable and helpful and always seems to be cleaning cages or feeding critters when I go in there.

There's one near us (in Point Cook) and it's pretty good. They do sell birds, reptiles, rodents and fish and do cat & kitten adoptions for The Lost Dogs Home. I shop there semi-regularly because it has a much better range and more knowledgeable staff than the local Petstock (and it's closer to home) and I've always been impressed with the condition of the enclosures, cages and tanks. They always look clean and are never over-crowded. There's a guy who works there - he might even be the owner - who breeds cats (won't say which breed because it's not a common one) and he's really knowledgeable and helpful and always seems to be cleaning cages or feeding critters when I go in there.

That's a bit of a coincidence popsical, because the guy who served me yesterday said he breeds cat's too. He seemed very knowledgeble & was also very friendly.

It might be the same bloke that works in both stores...maybe he owns or manages both stores.

they have own in Thomastown, it sells reptiles, fish, birds, rabbits and native mice (as well as ordinary ones and rats) - it did have some kittens from Lort Smith (? I think), Never used the grooming thing. They also hold a puppy school on the weekends there

The Thomastown one sell smallies, birds and reptiles. The staff have no clues. They keep their rabbits and guinea pigs on pine shavings and have very little to no hay to eat :( They occaisionally have cats from LDH for adoption.

Guest Panzer Attack!

I used to work at one in a fairly high up position. They all sell pets - no cats and dogs tho. I'll PM you. :)

E x

PS: if Keilor or Gisborne is within driving distance for you, I can recommend a pretty good store that sells no animals, not even frozen pinkies.