Oscars Law - ? Copy Of The Proposed Legislation

Miz J

Is there any as yet?

T.

Not a chance - its just some fanatics beating up a way to get donations.

Why do you say that? I was going to attend the Adelaide rally but would like to know a bit more about their agenda, other than what's on their website.

O.K. So when you attend the rally what is it exactly that you think you will be rallying against or for ?

Puppy farmers? Commercial breeders? Any breeders ? Sales of puppies in pet shops or sales of puppy farmed dogs in pet shops?

Or all sales of puppies on line, or only sales of puppies on line from puppy farmers, or sales of puppies in print media or only sales in print media from puppy farmers?

Or are you rallying for more laws , with more power to the RSPCA to police them ? Tougher mandatory codes?

Designer dog breeders or any breeder or designer dog breeder which is a puppy farm ?

Thanks for replying everyone. Its important to me to have a full understanding of what exactly I choose to support or not support. I cant go in blind and emotive. I have emailed Deb Tranter to see if I can see any documentation. If I et hold of anything I will let you know. Cheers

Thanks Steve - I wasn't going to say it myself... *grin*

While "Oscar's Law" appears to be a noble effort towards a tangible goal - there is some concern as to the methods and actions of some of the people involved to get attention. Do your research on not only the proposal, but the people and groups behind it as well, OK? It's all public record... and Google is your friend...

I'm just naturally leery of anything that draws attention to an issue, but doesn't actually put forward achievable (or real) proposals to try to "fix" the problem. Come up with a tangible solution to the problem and I'll follow just fine - jump up and down and demand someone else formulate and enact the solution, and you will lose your audience pretty darned quickly.

T.

No reply so far, research done as far as able to and cannot find substantial documentation or support. It all appears superficial and based on animal acitvism as opposed to animal welfare, emotive and infact it worries me that breeders and rescue organisations will come off second best. Dont get me wrong, puppy farming in the true sense should not be condoned but lets look wider and Oscars Law doesnt seem to do that at this stage , I hope that it is tightened up and a document is prepared and submitted to parliament for consideration along with any protest, give the protest some substance instead of emotional propaganda !! Agree or disagree its up to you !! Dont start a fight about this, please be constuctive

No reply so far, research done as far as able to and cannot find substantial documentation or support. It all appears superficial and based on animal acitvism as opposed to animal welfare, emotive and infact it worries me that breeders and rescue organisations will come off second best. Dont get me wrong, puppy farming in the true sense should not be condoned but lets look wider and Oscars Law doesnt seem to do that at this stage , I hope that it is tightened up and a document is prepared and submitted to parliament for consideration along with any protest, give the protest some substance instead of emotional propaganda !! Agree or disagree its up to you !! Dont start a fight about this, please be constuctive

yep, you got it in one

Yep and even more concerning is the Victorian RSPCA affiliation with them.

Big fibs on both websites trying to make out that breeders do things they couldnt possibly do.

I've usually found that if certain types receive correspondence asking for further information on a tenuous subject, they will ignore it, hoping it will just go away... they prefer their followers to get swept up in the emotive - and in some cases illegally gained - "information" they spout...

T.

At least they are promoting some good information: http://www.oscarslaw.org/faqs.php

I liked what they said about designers and the difference between registered breeders and puppy farms. Many people would otherwise not encounter that information.

I want to know what *is* Oscars "law" though? I too can't see any actual proposed ideas, just a site promoting awareness of puppy farm and backyard breeders!

At least they are promoting some good information: http://www.oscarslaw.org/faqs.php

I liked what they said about designers and the difference between registered breeders and puppy farms. Many people would otherwise not encounter that information.

I want to know what *is* Oscars "law" though? I too can't see any actual proposed ideas, just a site promoting awareness of puppy farm and backyard breeders!

Some good information.

Are you kidding? They are telling fibs all over the place and the very sad fact is that people reading it have no idea so run on and believe their crap.

Dog breeding 101 for RSPCA Victoria and Oscar's Law.

It is not scientifically possible for a bitch to have "several litters each year from the age of 6 months" Dont argue about it and stop making fools of yourselves Do the Maths and understand Canine reproduction .

This is a lie full stop no getting out of it.

Bitches of any age can get virginal and uterine hernias and they can have no litter and be any age. To say bitches are bred until their uterus's fall out is designed to make the reader believe that this is done as a matter of course and that it is only the result of many litters.

The scientific facts of canine reproduction do not show any evidence and most definitely support the fact that dogs should be bred young and often if they are in good condition and it is untrue that breeding dogs often is categorically bad for them.

Every person who applies for a DA to breeds dogs is treated like pond scum to a point where people who want to breed dogs in Victoria wont apply any longer for DA's.If I lived in Victoria I wouldnt apply for a DA .Everyone else is asking that breEders come out in the open so we know where they are and that they are complying with mandatory codes but yet Oscars Law supported by RSPCA Victoria use donations to try to stop the applications. If they were serious about cleaning the whole thing up they would allow the DA's to proceed , wait until they had paid their couple of hundred thousand to set up and then bloody keep an eye on them to see if they are doing it right.All they accomplish by their actions is

a- it prevents anyone applying and being out in the open and

b- it grabs donations for a comapaign which is counter productive to the Stated aims of every group who attended the round table conference on stopping puppy farms.

RSPCA Victoria has been given new powers to police people they are obviously biased against without outside accountability and their stated definition of a puppy farm is contradictory to the stated definition of RSPCA Australia and all who attended the round table meetings and who have participated in talks since.

The whole thing sCreams of animal liberation who have stated goals to prevent dogs being bred and a provision of equality for dogs with people. The founder of Oscars Law has been 100% animal liberation until recently and all thats happening here is a wolf under a dfferent name.Rallies and actions designed to whip up donations based on information with little credibility that sucks in those who know nothing what ever about canine husbandry or canine reproduction.Evidence for that is in everything they say.

Until the RSPCA Australia ensures that their branch in Victoria is on the same page with a definition and actions against puppy farming with RSPCA Australia and all who agreed on a plan to fight this,this is only one reason the MDBA withdraws all support for the RSPCA'S "Way forward" and we find it disgraceful that animal welfare has climbed in bed with animal rights. We find it very sad that the public is so easily sucked in and so eager to believe that they should take their lead from people who know nothing of dog breeding rather than objectively look at the issues and the possible serious consequences which come of extremists actions.

Even the mandatory codes which they harp on about are basically flawed and no breeder would want to keep their BREEDING dogs the way they have been made to .The concept that a breeder has to by law have their dogs vaccinated EVERY YEAR or they can loose their right to breed and their dogs is truly pathetic and its time animal rights stood back and let people who know about breeding dogs take the lead rather than assume we are all pond scum and potential animal abusers.

All this achieves is more power without accounatability for the RSPCA and more donations for Oscars Law. It wont stop any dog from suffering nor will it stop one dog from being handed into pounds and needing to be put down.

Wake up Australia!

By the way its not possible to introduce anything , anything for commercial breeders which isnt the same for registered breeders .The objective should be to stop dogs suffering and dogs can suffer just as badly with someone who owns half a dozen as any.

How long do you think before the war swings to how cruel registered breeders are - pedigreed dogs exposed/ All thats going on here is a plot to divide breeders to make each think they are superior and will avoid the crap so they dont stand united for basic rights and common sense in breeding.

Here's a news flash there are only 4 and a half thousand registered breeders australia wide and there are many many more people who have media and money on their side who want to see registered breeders shut down.

The only way you know what someone's motivation for breeding is if they tell you and even then anyone who is breeding to send the kids to uni would be very brave to say so even if they are doing the most wonderful job of ensuring their dogs are well bred and well looked after.

Take away one group's rights and before you know it all groups loose the same rights - thats called free trade and anti competition and equitable society and there isnt anything you can do to stop it.

Interesting.. I too was going to attend the Adelaide rally but am now having second thoughts having read this. Will be doing some further research before offering my support I think..

That is all I ask .There is much at stake.