Retirement Breeds.

Blackdogs

I just can't see myself without a Border Collie, I just adore them but if my health wouldn't allow me look after them properly I would have to rethink my options. :(

But until that time comes I will go with my beloved BC's. Saw a lady go past me the other day on a small disability scooter & she had her darling Border sitting between her feet

as still as, just beautiful. They'd just been for a coffee in town & were on their way home. She happily told me she was 89 years old before she zoomed off home.

There is hope for me yet. :laugh: I thought that was lovely to see.

Edited by BC Crazy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had major health concerns and not able to look after my heart and soul breed German Shepherd Dogs. I have a terrier now however, when I am older and more retired it will be a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel a rescue would be fine. A small desexed female that can be soft and loving and enjoys spending time on the couch and on my scooter that gets me around.

Cocker spaniel or shelties!!! I will be riding till they drag me of my horse lol I will not change my fav breed lucky they are small but when I'm old I might skip the puppy stage and give oldies a home but that is a looooong way of

My retirement dog....which I am hoping to get by the end of this year or early next is a Pug. They are very laid back, will walk if you want to or lay on the lounge cuddled up to you if you have a lazy day. They are not high energy, demanding dogs, but they do love company.

Perfect for me.

BF