Guess This Breed!

Okay breedspotters, my coworker and I desperately need your help! We have been driven nuts for weeks because we can't figure out what breed of dog is pictured alongside the Briard on Advocate's medium dog 4-10kg pack. Here is the image:

product1_24185_600x600.jpg

We are confounded by the one on the right, the black and tan one. If you have any ideas, please share them!

no idea but I wouldn't have said the other dog is a Briard either . They are a med to large dog.

Oh I wouldn't put anything into the size vs image of the dog - Advocate's large dog pack, 10-25kg, pictures a Ridgeback and a Husky and you'd be hard pressed to find either of those in that weight range. I'm not al all going by the Advocate size packs, just the photos - they are collected independently by marketing groups who wouldn't care what it was for, they'd just get told 'pretty looking medium dog picture!'

I agree that the dog on the left looks like a Briard - but could be a spaniel/poodle cross as they can have coats like that, too. The other dog seems much finer boned - if the Briard lookalike is a Briard (and the bone in the forelegs looks solid enough) then the other looks somewhat like a european style Belgian Shepherd or possibly a GSD cross of some sort.

I am not familiar with all the FCI shepherding breeds, possibly he is a purebred something or other, but most likely that picture is just a stock advertising picture - BAYER are well aware that crossbreeds need product too!

Oh, I was already certain about the one on the left, I agree - Briard :)

dancinbcs, do you know any adds that that dog has been in? Because I haven't seen any up here and would love to track some down and see if it's the same.

I suppose I just want the righthand one to be a purebred so I can figure it out :p None of the suggested breeds seem to fit, but thanks everybody for input :D

Bear in mind this is an American product originally so the pics would probably be from the US. IMO the dog is a Briad with cropped ears....The dog that dancinbcs is talking about (I think) is the one doing the pet food ad currently - the wet food in the plastic container...just can't remember the name of it..I can picture the container - has a dry food as well.....imo that dog is a Briard cross....is very light eyed - Briards have a much darker eye...