Lure Coursing In Adelaide - For Non-greyhounds

jacqui835

Thank you so much for a fabulous morning everyone, and was lovely to meet some new people. Fleming is exhausted, and I'm just sorry that Tess was such a bitch an I had to leave before it all finished - I'll leave her at home next time !

Going through the pics now - they are hilarious :)

Big big thanks to Jacqui for organising it. I (& Flemo) should be up for the next one ;)

Edited by MadWoofter

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving the photos, :laugh: at the bloodhound. as soon as I saw his photos I had these funny imaginary sound effects in my head of the noise he might make.

Look at the hind toes on the black greyhound, the way they are splayed, I assume to get a good grip. Stuff you wouldn't notice with the naked eye.

Fabulous photos Jacqui!! Looks like you all had an amazing morning :D

Definitely let us know when the next one might be organised, and we'll be there!

Awesome I would love to see a Pharaoh Hound :D

Here's one in action, they love it and are naturals

5463455844_89cb840f5e_z.jpg

I'm loving the photos, :laugh: at the bloodhound. as soon as I saw his photos I had these funny imaginary sound effects in my head of the noise he might make.

Look at the hind toes on the black greyhound, the way they are splayed, I assume to get a good grip. Stuff you wouldn't notice with the naked eye.

....and he sounds exactly the way you would imagine :laugh:

They are great photos jacqui- thank you for posting them :thumbsup:

I would be up for going along as often as you want - we are away for a couple of weeks at the end of October but apart from that - the woofers don't sleep late and Rosie totally loved it - so count me in (and I will remember my purse next time :o )

By the way Kirislin, what are your secret tips for getting those wonderful coursing photos you take? so we know for the next outing here :D

I usually lay on the ground, be prepared to get trampled :laugh: have a really fast shutter speed, at least 1/2000th but I've gone as fast as 1/5000th! To get such fast speeds you need to let lots of light into your camera, which will mean having the aperture pretty wide open and possibly a high ISO depending on your camera and lens. I hope that makes sense.

I wish you weren't so far away, I love taking pics of running dogs.

Edited by Kirislin

They need the track for the next two weekends for the greyhounds, so I plan to go not next weekend, not the weekend after that but the weekend after that (in 3 weekends lol). Next time I'll get Dan to stand in the middle of the track so we can see them coming, passing and going.

The Pharaoh Hound looks amazing - we have high expectations now! (jokes)

They need the track for the next two weekends for the greyhounds, so I plan to go not next weekend, not the weekend after that but the weekend after that (in 3 weekends lol). Next time I'll get Dan to stand in the middle of the track so we can see them coming, passing and going.

The Pharaoh Hound looks amazing - we have high expectations now! (jokes)

Drat - I will be away for that one :( But count us in for the one after that :thumbsup: