Lure Coursing In Adelaide - For Non-greyhounds

jacqui835

I just have to remember which dogs are friendly.

Ie I will be the one with a spotty dog that is not a dalmation saying "is your dog friendly" because mine wants to say hello to everybody, because she takes friendly to grovelly extremes.

Ours can be unfriendly at times to other dogs (if they get in their faces), so we'll be sitting in the back row like I said before ;)

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a gate off Tozer Road which is always open, and a gate off Park Road, which is open when the shooting club is open. You'll drive past the Park Road gate - if it's not open continue down to Tozer Road.

You can see the track from Park Road, so you won't have any issues figuring it out - assuming you can find Park Road!! bahahhahaha :laugh:

edit cos eye carnt spel

Edited by Hafhafa Hounds

Hi guys, unfortunately I will not be able to make tomorrow anymore. There has been a tragedy in my partner's family, and so we are leaving for Melbourne tomorrow at 6:35am.

I hope everyone has a really great time :(

Trevor lives really close by to the track, and so for the people who are still going, you will just need to call Trevor when you're on your way. Numbers are 08 8520 2347 and/or 0417 878 511. These numbers are available publicly on a few websites so I hope it's ok to post them here.

Sorry to hear that Jacqui :( I hope everything is ok.

We all had a great time today, don't think there were as many as the last meet(?) so everyone got at least 2 runs.

I'm posting some pics below, but have also uploaded them all on my Facebook link directly below. I'm sure some of the others will post their pics here too :D

Lure racing pics

Indi the Saluki doing his gallop

6248261431_5d63aeca10.jpg

Salukis Saffie and Layla being competitive :laugh:

6248256631_81fa012337.jpg

White GSD Apex(? hope that's right) doing his thing

6248252279_f326113616.jpg

Saffie and Layla again, still flying!

6248248257_2cb7faa55e.jpg

Meg the Kelpie

6248245819_d7b8be0e6c.jpg

Asha the Pharaoh Hound...she didn't really "get it", and preferred to lick my face more than run :laugh:

6248765690_02ab1938cc.jpg

Frosty(?) who absolutely loved every second of the chase

6248243699_f1e7030120.jpg

Indi again, this time giving his glamour look at 100 miles an hour :laugh:

6248239315_367bd0201b.jpg

Indi still flying

6248761532_8274b53db5.jpg

and lastly, one of the Greyhounds who were exercising before we started

6248233095_c78e5e48f9.jpg

edited to add, I was a bit unsure how our two would go around other dogs they hadn't met before.....but they were fine, and I think Indi even found a new girlfriend! :laugh:

Edited by InSha-llah

Frosty loved it. She wanted that lure so bad. And the lure train and the lure train squirrel...

But I need to do some serious fitness work... ie she can run 150 up and 150 back flat out and then 250m up but not quite 300m and jog back.

I thought she might be unwilling to run away from me - but that wasn't a concern and it didn't matter we'd done exactly zero lure chase trainig - tho the lure did bear a strong resemblence to a bungy tug I use.

First thing she did when we got home was a high speed cat patrol of the back yard - so everything is working fine.

Thanks for the pix, InSha-llah.

Thanks for organising, Jacqui.

Sorry to hear that Jacqui :( I hope everything is ok.

We all had a great time today, don't think there were as many as the last meet(?) so everyone got at least 2 runs.

I'm posting some pics below, but have also uploaded them all on my Facebook link directly below. I'm sure some of the others will post their pics here too :D

Lure racing pics

Indi the Saluki doing his gallop

6248261431_5d63aeca10.jpg

Salukis Saffie and Layla being competitive :laugh:

6248256631_81fa012337.jpg

White GSD Apex(? hope that's right) doing his thing

6248252279_f326113616.jpg

Saffie and Layla again, still flying!

6248248257_2cb7faa55e.jpg

Meg the Kelpie

6248245819_d7b8be0e6c.jpg

Asha the Pharaoh Hound...she didn't really "get it", and preferred to lick my face more than run :laugh:

6248765690_02ab1938cc.jpg

Frosty(?) who absolutely loved every second of the chase

6248243699_f1e7030120.jpg

Indi again, this time giving his glamour look at 100 miles an hour :laugh:

6248239315_367bd0201b.jpg

Indi still flying

6248761532_8274b53db5.jpg

and lastly, one of the Greyhounds who were exercising before we started

6248233095_c78e5e48f9.jpg

edited to add, I was a bit unsure how our two would go around other dogs they hadn't met before.....but they were fine, and I think Indi even found a new girlfriend! :laugh:

Looks like a great day was had :D I LOVE Indi's glamour look, how talented of him to run so fast AND look like a supermodel at the same time! :laugh: I'm muchly looking forward to taking Bella along in the 30th, her recall has gotten very good (I'm rather impressed with her!) so hopefully she won't be too difficult to catch afterwards- though it looks like running back to their human parents is half the fun!

PS debrief after.

We need to give Trevor 7 days notice - using the phone number on the greyhound lure coursing website and then he can post notice to close the track for our time. And then a follow up call maybe the day before and it would be cancelled if the forecast or temp is 30'C or over because that's too hot for the dogs.

http://www.sacoursing.com/index.htm

Next possible date suggested was the Sunday after the Staffy meet on 30th ie Sunday November 6th from about 9am to 10:30am (if I remember right).

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

We had a great morning. Apex slept all the way home. We will make sure to be at the next run, Apex had a ball. It was great to meet you all.

Gazelle Hound, I'll PM you my email so I can get a copy of your shots of Apex. you got some good ones :)

Frosty went screaming flat out up for the 150m run, hit the sand in a huge spray, and then turned around and bolted back 150m + 20m and then proceeded to indulge in a game of chase-me.

She was much easier to catch at the end of the 250m+250m runs. And she did a lot of barking at everything that looked vaguely like a running critter.

Frosty went screaming flat out up for the 150m run, hit the sand in a huge spray, and then turned around and bolted back 150m + 20m and then proceeded to indulge in a game of chase-me.

She was much easier to catch at the end of the 250m+250m runs. And she did a lot of barking at everything that looked vaguely like a running critter.

:laugh: yes, I loved Frosty's enthusiasm! I'm impressed that most of the dogs did the up and back pretty easily, even the 600m run!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Watch out possums at agility! :laugh: