Lure Coursing In Adelaide - For Non-greyhounds

jacqui835

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent photos. Love the series with the naughty dog on the loose outside the fence. It looks like a good set up there. Who took the lure back everytime? That can be time consuming. What we try to do is have the runners enter through the top gate, take the lure in hand and walk it, with their dog on the other hand, down to where they want to start. Saves having a dedicated person traipsing back and forth.

Brilliant photos - thank you for the link - we were so lucky with the lure set up - saved huge ammounts of time :)

Earl looks hysterical - all drool and loose skin - he has been asleep just about from the minute we got home :sleep: - but Rosie was up for another run within about 10 minutes of getting out of the car :bolt: - unstoppable kelpies :rolleyes:

Absolutely loved it - would love to go again - and the people were just lovely.

Hope your hand is better Jacqui :)

Who took the lure back everytime?

Kirislin,

They have a GREAT set up. :thumbsup:

The lure is returned via a pulley system, with a small motor.

Saves the walking.

The whole track is fenced and the catching pen even has foam bounce boards!!

Not that any of ours really needed that - most of them chased the lure up then did a recall back down the track to their mums!!! :laugh:

The guys running the lure thought that was a scream! :rofl:

Fantastic to meet you all (and catch up with you Robb & Julie!!).

Fantastically, well-behaved doggies you all have - even Sammy!! He had an absolute ball!!

Sonia

edit for clumsy typing fingers

Edited by Hafhafa Hounds

would love to go next time, I'm sure my dogs would chase that :) Just couldn't make this one, also is there any way to have another time for it? I don't mind early mornings it's just that I would have to leave super early to get there from Murray Bridge. If not I'll still come, great organising guys & let me know when the next one is! :D

I want a sighthound *sigh*

Really - I thought the sighthounds were a tad embarressing today!!! :laugh:

However...

Course of the day surely belongs to Sammy's "off the track" course!! :eek:

@Lovemymutts - I left home at 6:30 am and got there shortly after 8.

The next one will be earlier still, due to the warmer weather by the time we get to go again. Come next season, we might be able to make it a little later. Still, I don't think we actually started running our dogs til about 9 or 9:30 - we had to wait for the Greyhounds to finish training.

Sonia

edit: sp

Edited by Hafhafa Hounds

Amazing photos! We partied too hard here last night.. no one could drag themselves out of bed at 6:30am to drive to Virginia lol! But I'd love to come along to the next one. Amazing photos the dogs look like they really enjoyed themselves :)!

Boomer went okay at the JRT lure racing.. better than I expected, anyway lol! The JRTs were really revved up so were very noisy and bitey - Boomer got a bit scared and didn't really want to run away from us lol. Sook!

Hey guys, it was an awesome day thanks everyone for coming; and as I thought, my dog was beyond obsessed... After I don't know how many runs he actually ended up doing (including the very embarrassing off the track run :rolleyes:) he's still not tired.

I love the photos so far - the salukis are particularly photogenic. I am in the process of trying to upload some myself now from Dan but it's taking aggggeeesss.

I will definitely be doing this again - I have never seen Sammy so happy. We timed him, he did the course in 17 seconds and the greyhounds do it in 14-15 so he's not even too bad lol. Trevor has my number and I have his - they have racing for the next 2 weekends but after that we are free to go up again (so long as it's not too hot), and I would love to do this with Sammy once a month even and of course I'd love company :)

Photos on their way...