Lure Coursing In Adelaide - For Non-greyhounds

jacqui835

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post 187 has some directions

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/226484-lure-coursing-in-adelaide-for-non-greyhounds/page__st__160__p__5529109#entry5529109

Park Road is on the left just past Virginia turn off as you go north up Port Wakefield road.

Not sure if Google knows it as Virginia or Buckland Park but either should get you near enough to see what it looks like. There's two gates - one off Park St that you get to first that says gun range or shooting or something and then you just take all the turns that lead back towards the road. Or you drive up to Tozer Street and come in that end - if Trevor has opened the gate.

Can't make it to the 13th...have to get stuff done in the morning, before going to town to see KD Lang at the Entertainment Centre that night! :thumbsup: But will look out for future dates :D

Edited by InSha-llah

Sounds like the 13th might be a goer then if the weather is good - will fire up the kelpie - and the hound may be up for it by then too

Would love to come on the 13th, although will be up late the night before for the Sidecar Championship at MB Speedway :D but could someone please pm me time, details, address? Thanks :thumbsup:

Hey guys, I am hoping that we will be able to go up this weekend, however unfortunately at this stage the lure is undergoing maintenance as unfortunately it's out of order. Trevor says he thinks it should be good to go by this weekend though so fingers crossed and I'll keep updating this thread :)

Hi guys just wanted to give everyone an update, although unfortunately at this stage there is not too much to report. On Monday, I spoke to Trevor and at that stage to his knowledge the lure system had still not been fixed - said that parts are the problem. He did say though that he would try to find out though what the situation was. Unfortunately I haven't heard back from him since, I've sent him a text but I don't want to hound him too much but of course if I hear anything I will post it here.

I suppose Sunday is not looking great at this stage, but fingers crossed...

Hey guys, just heard back from Trevor. He has had a knee operation and is subsequently out of action :( He actually texted and called because he feels bad but I've reassured him that of course we wouldn't want him to go through any extra pain on our behalf. So no lure coursing this weekend. But if the weather isn't too hot he is more than happy for us to come next weekend. Said he will call on Thursday once we have a better idea of what the weather should be.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this website and just found out about this lure coursing thread, I am really keen to bring my 2 whippets up there for a run

I was hoping that tomorrow would be on cos I am away next weekend,

Will this be an ongoing event for the dogs because you can count me in!

I also have a friend with 2 whippets and I am sure he would love to come.