Unable To Keep Dog Thats Under A Contract

pinkpuppy

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be hard pressed to find someone that wants to take on a problem barker and a dog with behavioural issues, regardless of the breeder contract.

well I did, but I didn't know she was like that.

so you are saying you bought her as an adult with these behaviours all ready ingrained but didn't know it or are you saying you aren't going to tell others what the dog is really like?

You might be hard pressed to find someone that wants to take on a problem barker and a dog with behavioural issues, regardless of the breeder contract.

so you are saying you bought her as an adult with these behaviours all ready ingrained but didn't know it or are you saying you aren't going to tell others what the dog is really like?

a young immature dog, is just that, she has really high drive, its normal, but I cant deal with it right now and either can my neighbours

"A contract - of any sort - should be a fair and equitable "meeting of the minds", which means that it benefits both parties equally"

"If a contract is biased toward the other party, you will have an easier time proving it was signed under duress"

Any puppy is going to do a bit of digging/ chewing etc but it's how you train it from an early age that makes all the difference. Puppies are very hard work so you have to be prepared to put in the training right from the start.

I know if I spent $2500 on a puppy I would make sure I did everything possible to turn it into a well balanced/behaved dog. As for the breeders terms im not a breeder so cant comment on your contract.

"A contract - of any sort - should be a fair and equitable "meeting of the minds", which means that it benefits both parties equally"

"If a contract is biased toward the other party, you will have an easier time proving it was signed under duress"

It wasn't signed under duress though, was it? So claiming it was would be, you know, a lie.

If you can't be bothered/ can't deal with it then do the right (and possibly legal) thing and give her back to the breeder as you agreed to do when you ourchased her.

Gosh I don't know about anyone else but before shelling out $2500 on anything I'd want to be fairly committed. :shrug:

You're giving a dog back that's developed behavioural problems and that you freely admit you can't cope with. I call that pretty even. :shrug:

Pink puppy its difficult to feel any sympathy for your situation. Your history here is a series of lurching from one ill considered dog purchase to another.

Give the dog back, learn the expensive lesson and think good and hard about taking on any more of this breed. Maybe its just too much dog for you.

Edited by poodlefan

What duress were you under to sign?

You're giving a dog back that's developed behavioural problems and that you freely admit you can't cope with. I call that pretty even. :shrug:

As a breeder I'd be thrilled to recieve such a dog back ( insert roll eyes here )

I paid a deposit, then I was given the contract and only signed it because I wouldn't get my deposit back if I didn't sign it....there you go, signed under duress

You are truely dreaming if you think that will fly. You will however, learn what its like to throw good money after bad to attempt to rectify a poor decision at the time. What the hell, its your money. :shrug:

Why can't you simply honour the commitment you made, LEARN FROM IT and move on. You're fast tracking yourself into being puppy buyer poison within your breed and if you want to be a breeder long term then you need to think about these issues from that perspective.

a young immature dog, is just that, she has really high drive, its normal, but I cant deal with it right now and either can my neighbours

should have thought about it a bit more then. Poor dog.

she goes free running about 3 times a week, gets walked every other day.

Not enough of anything for a high drive dog.What actual training do you do with her on a daily basis ?

Have you thought about providing a secure run so the garden digging can not happen when you're away from home?

Do you take her to obedience class, or work with a private trainer?

Does she have interactive toys, like the 'home alone' things?Or others from THESE FOLKS ? They are excellent to give dogs something to do, and something to think about..

If she enjoys digging, have you thought of setting up a sandpit for her? bury treats in it..and let her dig

There are lots of things you can try if you want to keep the dog ..and if you don't want to/can't do anything , then, yes, you did sign a contract.