Hypro Super Premium

meluchja

What's in it? I couldn't find an ingredient list on the website.

yeah I just noticed that, can't remember exactly from memory what was on the bag either. But Chix meal was first, then a grain. Oils, eggs vits and mins were also added. It sounded pretty good. Not badly priced either. Was $20 for 3kg or $50ish for the 7kg bag.

Curious to know if anyone has used it yet and what they think.

Edited by meluchja

I was shopping in Big W today and came across this brand of dog food. Personally I have never seen or heard of it before. I had a quick read of the bag, and it doesn't seem to bad. Just wondering if anyone has tried it before or know anyone who has.

http://www.hypropetcare.com.au/our-brands/hypro-super-premium/adult-small-medium-breeds

Pity they don't list the ingredients on the site...but its good that it contains "real chicken & egg" Not sure what "unreal chicken" would look like. :laugh: The only comment I can make, is going by the feeding guide, I would have to feed my dog almost double what she gets now on her present kibble. So to me that indicates it has a lot of fillers in it. Will check it out next time I'm in Big W.

yeah I just noticed that, can't remember exactly from memory what was on the bag either. But Chix meal was first, then a grain. Oils, eggs vits and mins were also added. It sounded pretty good. Not badly priced either. Was $20 for 3kg or $50ish for the 7kg bag. Curious to know if anyone has used it yet and what they think.

I have to say, I don't think that's all that cheap. A premium kibble wouldn't be that much more.

yeah I just noticed that, can't remember exactly from memory what was on the bag either. But Chix meal was first, then a grain. Oils, eggs vits and mins were also added. It sounded pretty good. Not badly priced either. Was $20 for 3kg or $50ish for the 7kg bag. Curious to know if anyone has used it yet and what they think.

I have to say, I don't think that's all that cheap. A premium kibble wouldn't be that much more.

I guess it's not cheap, but I thought the ingredients looked a lot better than most of the so called "premium" kibbles on our market. That's why I'm interested to know if anyone has tried it.

It is in my opinion horendous

Have you tried it? Why didn't you like it? Do you have a list of the ingredients I could look further into? Thanks. Wish I took a photo on my phone of the bad when I was in the store. I always like to do a lot of research before trialling new things ;)

Edited by meluchja

Have you tried it? Why didn't you like it? Do you have a list of the ingredients I could look further into? Thanks. Wish I took a photo on my phone of the bad when I was in the store. I always like to do a lot of research before trialling new things ;)

No need to try it, the bag was enough for me.

No need to try it, the bag was enough for me.

I'm curious what was it about the bag you found horendous? Ingredients? I did just look briefly as the kids were tired and cranky, but I thought it looked good enough to look further into. Hopefully they can get back to me soon with the lists.

I was shopping in Big W today and came across this brand of dog food. Personally I have never seen or heard of it before. I had a quick read of the bag, and it doesn't seem to bad. Just wondering if anyone has tried it before or know anyone who has.

http://www.hypropetcare.com.au/our-brands/hypro-super-premium/adult-small-medium-breeds

Pity they don't list the ingredients on the site...but its good that it contains "real chicken & egg" Not sure what "unreal chicken" would look like. :laugh: The only comment I can make, is going by the feeding guide, I would have to feed my dog almost double what she gets now on her present kibble. So to me that indicates it has a lot of fillers in it. Will check it out next time I'm in Big W.

yeah wonder what UNREAL chicken would look like. I've heard of Mock Chix for veges but Mock Chix for dogs ???? ;) Don't think I will change from his current kibble. It's cheap, he doesn't have to eat much either (and that's a plus cause he has never been overly eagar to goggle up his kibble). I'm just always interesting on what new on the doggy market ;)

awful stuff, second to Supercrap in my book - heaps of poo, heaps of fillers and didn't do anything for my dogs' condition. If you're looking for something to just fill a dog up then ok but if you're wanting something extra from the food then look elsewhere.

I have samples of it at work. It smells dry, tastes bitter and has hunks of pure grain in it

Yes. I ate it. In front of the rep who was mortified. I said to him, if you're freaking out with me eating a couple why would i want to give it to my dogs.

It's a supposedly higher end version of just cheap food. They use cheap eggs to bring up the protein contents.

I have samples of it at work. It smells dry, tastes bitter and has hunks of pure grain in it

Yes. I ate it. In front of the rep who was mortified. I said to him, if you're freaking out with me eating a couple why would i want to give it to my dogs.

It's a supposedly higher end version of just cheap food. They use cheap eggs to bring up the protein contents.

:rofl::thumbsup: