A Little Bit Aussie.

Gayle.

Thanks for the nice comments, it was such a fabulous afternoon with the dogs, they were incredibly well behaved and when we arrived on the beach with them and started to line them up for photos, we attracted quite a crowd of onlookers and other photo enthusiasts. I suppose it's not every day of the week you see a pack of seven very attractive, colourful (and colour co-ordinated), well mannered and well behaved purebred dogs on your local beach, and have the opportunity to photograph them.

It makes a photoshoot really very easy when the dogs know how to sit, drop and stay. And when they aren't reactive to other dogs being in their space. After being there for the afternoon, I've got hundreds more ideas for pics so we'll have to arrange another day out!

Beautiful photos!

How did you keep them all out of the water? This might be a silly question but do Aussies not like swimming?

Aussies LOVE swimming, they were dying to go splashing in the waves, but they were told not to and they are seven really well-behaved dogs who showed an amazing amount of restraint.

Wow, that's amazing! There is no way in hell that I could keep snowy out of the water if we were at the beach unless I had him on a leash or made him sit next to me and kept and eye on him the entire time! That is an amazing amount of control and training that those dogs have!

Beautiful photos!

How did you keep them all out of the water? This might be a silly question but do Aussies not like swimming?

Aussies LOVE swimming, they were dying to go splashing in the waves, but they were told not to and they are seven really well-behaved dogs who showed an amazing amount of restraint.

Wow, that's amazing! There is no way in hell that I could keep snowy out of the water if we were at the beach unless I had him on a leash or made him sit next to me and kept and eye on him the entire time! That is an amazing amount of control and training that those dogs have!

Honestly, it's not really "training", although dogs trained to "stay" are easier to work with than those that have never heard the word. Dusty isn't trained to any high level of obedience, she doesn't even have any obedience letters after her name, she's just an inherently good girl that would rather die than do anything to displease me. I spent a lot of the afternoon taking pics of the other dogs and not her, and she just stayed close by me and didn't get in my way.

Two of the other dogs ARE trained to a high level in obedience, but one of the others is a 17 month old pup and she was as good as the rest of them. All of them though, spend time at trials or shows, and I wonder if it's that background that gives them that inherent good behaviour.