Just Heard A Dangerous Dog Ad On The Radio

Kirty

Most people have no idea of dog breeds although try telling them that. I can just imagine know-alls who know bugger all ringing in and reporting a particular dog breed when in fact they're reporting the WRONG breed!

This suggests a great form of civil disobedience. Everyone, call in a Labrador, call in a greyhound, call in a JRT, call in a boxer, call in a papered SBT or two, call in anything that can't possibly be identified as a pit bull. Keep them flooded with calls and make it clear that the 'standard' is a farce.

Most people have no idea of dog breeds although try telling them that. I can just imagine know-alls who know bugger all ringing in and reporting a particular dog breed when in fact they're reporting the WRONG breed!

This suggests a great form of civil disobedience. Everyone, call in a Labrador, call in a greyhound, call in a JRT, call in a boxer, call in a papered SBT or two, call in anything that can't possibly be identified as a pit bull. Keep them flooded with calls and make it clear that the 'standard' is a farce.

What if somebody is actually trying to report a legitimatise threatening dog to the council in this scenario? I'm not saying I agree with the BLS support adds, but these hotlines are there for a purpose. Why not instead write a letter to the radio and the government explaining why their hotline should not make mention of specific breeds?

the add I heard just said if there was a dog you thought was dangerous, call this no - no guidelines though for what it had to do for you to think it was dangerous, so what I might think was dangerous might be totally different to someone else. Totally useless, and I think will become a vexacious complaining no.

The advertisements I heard mentioned pit bulls and pit bull crosses and had background sounds of a growling dog. Really juvenile behaviour by the Victorian Government!

Yes! I just heard this one today, I've heard both ads now and they are both, but the pitbull one moreso, very provocative. I'm sure the ad alone will create fear in some people. They are inciting fear and hatred, I thought that was against the law.

Edited by Kirislin

The advertisements are a worry. I do understand the need for a 'hotline' in case there is in fact a growly dog of any breed that could be lurking or roaming around, possibly being a threat or in attack mode.... (most likely lost and frightened) But this 'hotline' creates hysteria amongst those who think every dog (that isn't a small fluffy thing) is a dangerous threatening looking dog... I'm annoyed at people pointing the finger and mistaking one dog breed for another. Pit bulls, staffys, lab x's etc. The breed is NOT the problem. Just yesterday my Shar Pei was called a 'red nose' !!! and people were looking at me concerned because he had a muzzle on. For those who cared to listen i told them he is a SHAR PEI and he has fear aggression. The others took off with their kids and dogs and looked at me in disgust! UNEDUCATED ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. I think i'd like to call the hotline number and say i've been attacked by a vicious little thing (Chi, Malt etc) and see if they cum running to my rescue :S

The advertisements I heard mentioned pit bulls and pit bull crosses and had background sounds of a growling dog. Really juvenile behaviour by the Victorian Government!

Yes! I just heard this one today, I've heard both ads now and they are both, but the pitbull one moreso, very provocative. I'm sure the ad alone will create fear in some people. They are inciting fear and hatred, I thought that was against the law.

well when you think about it, they are going to have an influx of calls and if too many how are they going to keep up with it all. encouraging everyone to ring in. i can't see how they are going to be following up on each and every single complaint. love to see how this is all going to work.

So..... we are looking out for a chocolate Poodle with 'snown nose'!! I mean it could be a pit bull. ;) Especially if we 'muscle it up' with a shaped clip!!!