Agility Nationals 2012

Vickie

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm really starting to get envious :laugh: - and will really be missing the catchups with interstate peeps :( - but gotta be realistic - Kirra will be 10.5, and although I hope we'll still be having fun competing, Nats is a bit big of an ask. And I've been slack, and haven't got lil big man Rory competing in agility yet - that's a next year project, but again, he wouldn't be ready for Nationals.

:( it won't be the same without you Barb. I always enjoy catching up with you at nats.

Likewise, can't wait to put names to faces! :thumbsup:

How have people found their dogs adapt to an indoor arena (to those that have trialed in one before)?

Some people here who went to the ADAA GP said their dogs adapted quite well

My dogs ran really well on the surface at the ADAA ones, first run or so we took the odd bar while they got used to the different footing but after that they were excellent! Not sure if its going to be the same? but it was like running on the wet beach sand down near the water but with alittle more traction as it seemed to stick to itself better. Hopefully it will be the same :thumbsup:

My dogs ran really well on the surface at the ADAA ones, first run or so we took the odd bar while they got used to the different footing but after that they were excellent! Not sure if its going to be the same? but it was like running on the wet beach sand down near the water but with alittle more traction as it seemed to stick to itself better. Hopefully it will be the same :thumbsup:

Agree the surface in Tamworth was spectacular, the 3rd ring was a little soft on day 1 but they repacked it and it was as Casima stated running on wet sand with a little give, my guys increased their speed ROFL, as if i needed that, but i cant remember when all 3 of my dogs ran so well over a 4 day event. By day 4 my legs were feeling it a little but that soon passed :). I believe the equestrian centre is somewhat different tho and not the same surface guess we will see come January 7th at the fundraiser trial

A question to any one with an answer, I wanna put my entries in before the early bird closing date but we don't have any more trials before then and Jess only needs 1 quallie for her JDX and GD, so it's very possible that she'll get those titles before the normal closing date for entries. So what I'm trying to say is if she gets her titles after I've put in the entries, can I contact whoever is in charge of entries to bump her up? :)

A question to any one with an answer, I wanna put my entries in before the early bird closing date but we don't have any more trials before then and Jess only needs 1 quallie for her JDX and GD, so it's very possible that she'll get those titles before the normal closing date for entries. So what I'm trying to say is if she gets her titles after I've put in the entries, can I contact whoever is in charge of entries to bump her up? :)

I'm interested to know the same thing. Bond is currently in excellent for the games but may be in masters for some of them by then but not likely by the time the early bird entries close in February. I'm also not sure what to do with him for pairs as it will depend on what class he is in as to who he can run with. I was wondering if it was possible to send in early bird entries for him for adm/jdm and then waiting til later to send in the games ones when I know what he is in but not sure if that would just make it a nightmare for the trial sec. Interested to see what others suggest :)

:( I am sooo going to miss seeing you all at Nats - but it's going to be almost like being there, following your progress.

@DSO and Nicole .... - you could PM Vickie (although she'll probably see this) - if she doesn't know, she'll know who does. :D

Ok, here is the answer regarding moving up a class if you get a title after you have entered.

If you post your entries, you have until close of entries to email the trial secretary and ask to move up a class.

If you enter online via the E-Performance entries, you can log in and move yourself up by changing the class you are entered in, up until close of entries.

Note. Once entries have closed, it is too late to move up a class.

I checked out the online entry site - how cool is it! Wish we had something similar used here! I will admit the schedule was making my brain explode but once I put the height in it showed me which classes I could enter - very awesome

I checked out the online entry site - how cool is it! Wish we had something similar used here! I will admit the schedule was making my brain explode but once I put the height in it showed me which classes I could enter - very awesome

Most of our VIC trials are now online entries. I love it :thumbsup:

Thanks for the clarification Vickie - same rules as normal trials but just a longer time between closing date and the trial. I won't have even trialled Em if I decide to enter her!

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Entries don't close until 13th May last time I looked, is that correct or am I reading it wrong ?

In which case not really all that different from some trials here - some of our country ones close around a month before the date and almost catch me out every time.

I'm actually impressed that closing date is so close to the actual trial considering the magnitude of it all. Gives me plenty of time to keep deciding :laugh:

Edited by kelpiechick