Agility Nationals 2012

Vickie

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to go as a spectator only. I've been going to the agility at the Sydney Royal every year since it's been at Homebush & I love to watch it. I tried agility years ago with my 1st BC but due to her re-activity & my ineptness at following the course I gave it away.

What are the details for spectators such as parking & how much to attend? Or when will they be available?

Hi luvsdogs,

I do not think the spectator info is up yet, but check the website for information. The website is listed on the first posting on this topic, so just go back to Vickie's first post on page one.

Cheers,

Thanks Le I will. Another question, can you go into the grounds of the equestrian centre at any time or are there locked gates?

Another question, can you go into the grounds of the equestrian centre at any time or are there locked gates?

I believe they are locked overnight. But Keith has been over there to see people during the normal work day. The office is in the indoor arena complex so I would imagine you can just rock up and take a look. There will be attendants at the gate during the event to tell people where they park etc. Do not quote me on this, I believe they will be selling tickets to the public for the finals, but not the other days. If "Vickie" checks in to this forum, she may be able to give more advice on that.

Cheers,

I should really get organised and enter this! I haven't been to any trials since around Sept or so due to a focus/running off/interest in baby in pram problem, so am a bit nervous :o

You won't be the only one I have the lowchen coming out who just goes from one mood to the next if I keep her in a ring I will be surprised lol.. Running her in march so I get a starting point.. I think the whole week is just gonna be a fun one of team smisch

I should really get organised and enter this! I haven't been to any trials since around Sept or so due to a focus/running off/interest in baby in pram problem, so am a bit nervous :o

I think we all get a bit nervous and excited for the Nationals. It is a much larger trial than normal, and the location this time will add an extra element of excitement. But really IT IS JUST A NORMAL TRIAL with all the normal classes and at the same degree of difficulty.

It is going to be a lot of fun.

Cheers,

You won't be the only one I have the lowchen coming out ... I think the whole week is just gonna be a fun one of team smisch

OOOOh, I hope I get a chance to take photos of the lowchen. I try to get photos of as many unusual breeds doing agility as possible. And I agree with the bit about the fun.

Cheers,

You won't be the only one I have the lowchen coming out ... I think the whole week is just gonna be a fun one of team smisch

OOOOh, I hope I get a chance to take photos of the lowchen. I try to get photos of as many unusual breeds doing agility as possible. And I agree with the bit about the fun.

Cheers,

For sure if you can get some good ones we'll be buying copies for her DOL profile as we are trying to portray the multi talented lowchen.. Which she very much is, just one quality we really want to get out there when we breed her is they're more then a pretty face lol, very much a family dog and a dog who wants to learn and do things with you as this little miss has shown me lol currently learning her weave poles.. We have a unique style but hey we're getting it lol :)

Times like these I wish I could bring a small breed to Nationals with me as it would be cheaper to fly :laugh: I've barely started agility training with my new training project (mini schnauzer) and she isn't of age yet so maybe the Nationals after this one :laugh:

:laugh:

Yep it is cheaper - but not that much (For Virgin)

Small Pet 0–10kg $55.00

Medium Pet 11–20kg $75.00

Large Pet 21–30kg $100.00

Extra Large Pet 31kg + (max 65 kg)$100.00 + $4.00 for every kilogram over 30 kg

Even Kyzer would be classed as 'medium' once you add the crate weight on!

I guess buying an airline crate for a little dog is much easier and cheaper though - the big dog ones are expensive!!! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

yes, decisions decisions. To enter the young boy in everything and hope we've got contacts and weaves done by then or just stick to jumping??

If you enter, that gives you a definite time line to work with!!!

My issue is not being able to enter strategic pairs by the early bird closing date. Pace has two SP passes and has a couple for pairs runs between early bird entries and the final closing. But she does not have a regular running partner. If she makes it through to excellent she will need a different partner than she would if she ends up staying in novice. In the same vein, I do not dare ask anyone with an excellent dog to partner me - that would just jynx me so I would not get a quallie and then leave that person stranded without a partner.

My plan is to enter everything except pairs then pay the extra entry fee for pairs (at the same time, hoping that I can still find a partner by leaving it until the later date.)

Cheers,

yes, decisions decisions. To enter the young boy in everything and hope we've got contacts and weaves done by then or just stick to jumping??

If you enter, that gives you a definite time line to work with!!!

My issue is not being able to enter strategic pairs by the early bird closing date. Pace has two SP passes and has a couple for pairs runs between early bird entries and the final closing. But she does not have a regular running partner. If she makes it through to excellent she will need a different partner than she would if she ends up staying in novice. In the same vein, I do not dare ask anyone with an excellent dog to partner me - that would just jynx me so I would not get a quallie and then leave that person stranded without a partner.

My plan is to enter everything except pairs then pay the extra entry fee for pairs (at the same time, hoping that I can still find a partner by leaving it until the later date.)

Cheers,

Pairs! hadn't even considered that. There is another friend who is also aiming for the Nats as her first trial so maybe we can be the entertainment for the 500 SPD.

Sounds like late entry for pairs for you. Although there are probably a few people in a similar situation who would need to switch at the last minute. Maybe there needs to be a waiting list of sorts on the yahoo list for this sort of thing.

IF (big IF) I make it to Nationals, I may be looking for a SPDX partner, too. Millie needs 1 more SPD pass. But she can be quite a lunatic sometimes, so we'll either not get our last novice pass, or we'll get into excellent and completely let our partner down (if we find one!!!)