Agility Nationals 2012

Vickie

Well the Lowchen can weave :D so were in full swing!!!!!!!! If it ever stops raining enough to attend a comp!

Ap- its terrifying and exciting but we look forward to finally meeting you considering we didn't catch up when I was over that way

Eagerly counting down the days :) gotta order some new crates but were good to go.. Praying to god that the little lowchen doesn't come into season .. Well be devistated if she does.. And can't stop this cycle as we are planning on breeding her in the near future.. Fingers crossed :)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

We are hoping to have a number of photographers to cover the National Agility Trial NSW 2012.

To this effect, we would like to invite Expressions of Interest from photographers who wish to take and sell photographs at the event.

As the Nationals are a private event, The NSW Agility Committee has determined the following

The taking of Photographs will be permitted by any person.The taking AND SELLING of Photographs will ONLY be permitted by those persons/companies who have notified the Committee via Expression of Interest and paid a fee for doing so.

We would like to offer 3 options:

• Non-Professional. Cost $20. Photos can be taken and sold and advertised by the photographer via announcements on Agility Lists/Forums
  • Semi-Professional. Cost $100. Photos can be taken and sold. Photographers cards/brochures will be distributed in competitor show bags. Website and details will be listed on the National Agility Trial NSW 2012 website and in the catalogue
  • Professional. Cost $450. Photos can be taken and sold. Photographers cards/brochures will be distributed in competitor show bags. Website and details will be listed on the National Agility Trial NSW 2012 website and in the catalogue.Photographers will have a stall allocated where they can set up a gazebo/stand inside the indoor arena to advertise, display proofs, print photos and take orders.

If you are interested in selling photographs taken at the Nationals, please PM me your email address and an Expression of Interest Form will be forwarded to you.

It is worth noting that the 2 indoor arenas will present challenges for some photographers/cameras/lenses due to reduced lighting.

Regards

NSW Agility Committee

Edited by Vickie

Thanks Lara, we are trying to avoid the types of issues that have happened with official photographers at the last few nationals.

Glad you'll have your camera there :) I LOVE your agility photos!

:laugh: Thanks Vickie. I hope you take your camera too and have some time to use it ;)

I agree, Lara - you have taken some great action shots of my dogs, too, including Murphy flying over the scramble (perhpas a little too enthusiastically!) EDIT: She did hit the contact!

Yes, that is going to be an issue, finding time to use the camera. I have been looking at some lenses that might cope better with the indoor arena lighting. The one I really like was about $7,000 so I think I might just be taking shots when I am outdoors. I got some OK shots of the white a pale coloured dogs at the fundraiser trial held at SIEC, but I was really pushing the camera to the max, and all the darker coloured dogs just looked like blobs. I hope we get some chance to use the camera, though.

Cheers,

post-31739-0-60260300-1330602471_thumb.jpg

post-31739-0-66275700-1330602490_thumb.jpg

Edited by canine fun sports

Thanks Lara, we are trying to avoid the types of issues that have happened with official photographers at the last few nationals.

Glad you'll have your camera there :) I LOVE your agility photos!

And I love your retrieving photos, Lara, so please bring your camera!!!

Vickie - you are all doing an amazing job. What a huge undertaking! I'm really looking forward to it now.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

We had a training day out at the Equestrian Centre today, with the surface prepared as it will be for the Nationals.

Surface was great and, even for just a training day, it is still exciting to run in the arena.

Just 78 days to go!!!

Cheers,

Is the table surface the same with the new timer system?

Hi guys,

The automatic table timer is a 90x90cm pressure pad put on top of the table with a hession type of cover. so the dogs jump up onto the hession surface, maroon in colour - see the photos below. It is an excellent surface giving good traction to help them stop. It is hooked up to an audible timer that beeps once for each second of the count then multiple rapid beeps at the 5 second mark. The beek is very similar to the noise the automatic timing gates make, except that the noise comes from under the table itself, rather than from the steward area.

The count starts as soon as the dog hits the table. If the dog leaves before the 5 seconds is up, it immediately resets, so that when the dog jumps up again, the count starts again.

At the trial last Saturday, there was one dog that was uncomfortable with the sound, but still stayed on the table, and a couple of dogs who looked a bit puzzled about where the sound came from, but it did not change their table performance.

The beauty of the table timer is, of course, now the table count is reliably the same for every dog. Placings and quallies can be determined by as little as .01 of a second and I know as a judge that I cannot get my count on the table to be that accurate every time!

If you want to see it in action, borrow a copy of some of the recent FCI world championship DVD's. This is where we first saw it. I guess, if you want to get your dog used to the sound you could place the control box from a set of time gates under a table while your dog sits on the table, and get someone to walk back and forth through the gates! I suspect you would not get exact one second apart beeps, but it would get a dog used to that type of noise.

It will probably only be used in the indoor arena, although if it is not in use there, it may be used in one of the outdoor rings. I would like to use it in my ring. It does get monotonous counting from 5 to 1 so many times in a day.

Cheers,

post-31739-0-41625900-1332832241_thumb.jpg

post-31739-0-92525800-1332832255_thumb.jpg

post-31739-0-49159000-1332832272_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

The automatic table timer is a 90x90cm pressure pad put on top of the table with a hession type of cover. so the dogs jump up onto the hession surface, maroon in colour - see the photos below. It is an excellent surface giving good traction to help them stop. It is hooked up to an audible timer that beeps once for each second of the count then multiple rapid beeps at the 5 second mark. The beek is very similar to the noise the automatic timing gates make, except that the noise comes from under the table itself, rather than from the steward area.

The count starts as soon as the dog hits the table. If the dog leaves before the 5 seconds is up, it immediately resets, so that when the dog jumps up again, the count starts again.

At the trial last Saturday, there was one dog that was uncomfortable with the sound, but still stayed on the table, and a couple of dogs who looked a bit puzzled about where the sound came from, but it did not change their table performance.

The beauty of the table timer is, of course, now the table count is reliably the same for every dog. Placings and quallies can be determined by as little as .01 of a second and I know as a judge that I cannot get my count on the table to be that accurate every time!

If you want to see it in action, borrow a copy of some of the recent FCI world championship DVD's. This is where we first saw it. I guess, if you want to get your dog used to the sound you could place the control box from a set of time gates under a table while your dog sits on the table, and get someone to walk back and forth through the gates! I suspect you would not get exact one second apart beeps, but it would get a dog used to that type of noise.

It will probably only be used in the indoor arena, although if it is not in use there, it may be used in one of the outdoor rings. I would like to use it in my ring. It does get monotonous counting from 5 to 1 so many times in a day.

Cheers,

Excellent!

Thankyou.

Will interstaters have a time allocated to access the arena and gear prior to the event???

The committee hopes they can let people on the arena on the Tues afternoon, but that depends on whether they can get everything done. We have done a few indoor trials on horse arenas here now, 3 in all, and a lot of the ADAA triallers have done their Grand Prix in the Equestrian Centre at Tamworth. Very few of the dogs have had problems on their first occasion.

We will have the table out at times for people to practice on, but it will be up to the individual that they take advantage of that practice time.

Lots of people are coming up with inventive ways to get the dogs used to "an unusaul noise" coming from under the table. Some one else suggested that their egg timer made a similar sound, so they will be placing that under the table.

Cheers,

I'm happy to say that Kaos had no problem with the new table on the weekend - it was the first time we had seen it :thumbsup: Hopped up on it once when it was available for practice, and then in the ring.

Hi everyone,

Niki van der Smagt and I are holding another private training session at SIEC on the 4th of June which has been fully booked out.

However, we understand that some people have not had the opportunity to train at the SIEC indoor arena and that they might like the opportunity to do do.

Therefore we are considering organizing another day on the 5th of June for those who would like a chance to train in the SIEC environment.

We are sending out this expression of interest so that we know if it is worth organising another day. If you are interested in attending or have any questions, please contact either myself ([email protected] ) or Niki ([email protected]) to be added to a list of interested participants.

Cost is $50pp with up to 2 dogs. Additional dogs will incur an extra fee of $10 per dog. The day will run from 8am to 4pm, consisting of 4 workstations in the morning and a full course in the afternoon which will be designed and judged by Liz White.

Thanks!

Krys and Niki

Hi guys,

Cheers,

OH Thats MY dog in the middle pic.. and YES she was the dog that GOT off the table to go LOOK for where the BEEPING was coming from -- mummy i can hear I strange beeping sound coming from UNDER the table... Let me get off and go look for it I wont be a sec!!!!....

she knocked over the witches hat with the number on it to go find it!!!! yeah for the DooDah LOL

OH Thats MY dog in the middle pic.. and YES she was the dog that GOT off the table to go LOOK for where the BEEPING was coming from -- mummy i can hear I strange beeping sound coming from UNDER the table... Let me get off and go look for it I wont be a sec!!!!....

she knocked over the witches hat with the number on it to go find it!!!! yeah for the DooDah LOL

Did she do that in practice??? Admittedly, I do not see everything when I am looking through the camera but I do not remember her jumping off during this run when I took the picture. I do remember her looking in the direction of the beeping - that is what she is looking at so intently in this photo when she should have been looking at you and I remember the quizzical look on her face (as far as an Amstaff can look quizzical!)