My Dorable

kja

I apologise in advance but I am so spectacularly happy about how super terrific my darling Dora is doing for the past however many months. Every time I see her spring into action and play and run and get crazy like a little pup again my heart simply SWELLS with joy. She was so overweight for so long and I let my ex get away with overfeeding and under exercising her as it always seemed to be a losing battle. It was one of the first things I addressed when I chose to be on my own.

And Dora is so much better for it. She turns nine this November and she often acts like she's 9 months instead! Anyhoo, I always have photos of her that I want to share, but I try not to start too many threads, so might just have this one. And if you have a doggie that's come through pain & suffering and is doing great now, please feel free to join in!

Here's her outrunning Tilly today on the beach (at least momentarily!)

OCT11_100kja.jpg

and rushing back to give me a cuddle after doing a little puppy snorkeling

OCT11_102kja.jpg

I don't know about being like a whippet :D Vet said that she's pretty happy with her weight now and isn't sure she wants Dora to lose any more. We're going to keep an eye on it.

One of Dora's favourite things to do is hunt and chase stuff at low tide. She gets so intense about stalking whatever is underwater

OCT11_104kja.jpg

and then will take off like a rocket after it as it tries to get away. So cute!

• 2 weeks later...

Today we had big swims at the beach. I couldn't believe how much time we spent in the water wading in deep water and actually swimming - usually it's only a few minutes in between bouts of romping on the sand but I couldn't get her out today! Must have been the perfect temperature.

OCT11_132kja.jpg

Today we had big swims at the beach. I couldn't believe how much time we spent in the water wading in deep water and actually swimming - usually it's only a few minutes in between bouts of romping on the sand but I couldn't get her out today! Must have been the perfect temperature.

OCT11_132kja.jpg

I love this, wish I could take my 7D in the water. :laugh:

Canon D10 if you don't care if it fits in your pocket (it's kinda bulbuous instead of flat, but it's still pretty small). Definitely the best images.

If you do want the flat shape, the Panasonic rugged series are pretty good, though I'm not as over the moon about them as some of the reviewers. Mine was stolen on my trip (luckily at the end so didn't miss it) and I'll likely replace it with the TS10 or another TS2. I would not pay the premium for the TS3.

Stay away from the Olympus range - they suck.