Potentially Stupid Question Re Transport

Red Fox

Depends on a few variables, such as how long they are travelling.

However I collected two puppies from different litters (same breeder) that came in the one crate together. They were about 5 months old at the time.

my pup and two of his littermates came to sydney on the same plane - they were all in seperate crates. They were only 9 wks old at the time and were very relieved to see each other again once they arrived! :)

Edited by ktig

Talk to the likes of Jetpets.

Depending on size etc. Some airlines will allow more than one puppy to fly together in the same crate. But that was to the same person.

It would be a logical nightmare trying to sort out at the other end who owns which pup with a freight company.

I have seen up to 3 GSD's flown together.

Depends on the size of the dog. My boy and his sister flew in the same crate. Halved the cost for all of us, and they had some comfort. These were 8wk old Vizsla's. Some friends of ours had the other pup, so we just organised between ourselves to meet and pick them up. I booked my boy in, and our friends theirs and both specified they were to travel together. The breeder made sure it happened on the other end. Wasn't a logistical nightmare at all, paperwork on the crate said which dog was to go to who, so we just showed relevant ID and took the right dog home. Although, ours was easy cos one was a boy and the other a girl :rofl:

Edited by Bundyburger

Having recently travelled with two small dogs from one side of the country to the other I asked this question. I was told that if they were under six months of age they could have travelled together in the same crate. They were older much older so seperate crates for them.

Depends on the size of the dog. My boy and his sister flew in the same crate. Halved the cost for all of us, and they had some comfort. These were 8wk old Vizsla's. Some friends of ours had the other pup, so we just organised between ourselves to meet and pick them up. I booked my boy in, and our friends theirs and both specified they were to travel together. The breeder made sure it happened on the other end. Wasn't a logistical nightmare at all, paperwork on the crate said which dog was to go to who, so we just showed relevant ID and took the right dog home. Although, ours was easy cos one was a boy and the other a girl :rofl:

Logistical nightmare... Imagine dogs who have very simlar markings... Imagine 2 or three black/white border collies in the same crate all having similar markings... Add to that.. they are all the same sex... May be hard on the other end for the freight company to difinitively say which puppy belongs to who if they do not have a microchip scanner to positively ID each puppy.

There lies a legal nightmare if the wrong pup went to the wrong person.

Easy when there are two to a crate and one is male and one is female.