Brisbane Dog Chiro.

Bradders

Hey Peoples,

Can someone reccomend a good Dog Chiro in brisbane, our Cav is having problems with one of his hind legs, our breeder reccommended going to see a dog Chiro, but her one is too far away for us to get to as they are only open mon-thurs 9-5 hours towards ipswich,

So can any brisbanites recc a Chiro prefereably southside!

Thanks!

Hey Peoples,

Can someone reccomend a good Dog Chiro in brisbane, our Cav is having problems with one of his hind legs, our breeder reccommended going to see a dog Chiro, but her one is too far away for us to get to as they are only open mon-thurs 9-5 hours towards ipswich,

So can any brisbanites recc a Chiro prefereably southside!

Thanks!

I am from Bris but i dont know of any in brisbane that are any good. Went to one and i wouldnt recommend him to anyone! The one we go to is abt an hr outside Bris.

I hope someone else might be able to recommend someone for you :)

Rowan is a qualified orthopedic surgeon who is very good. None of the others are qualified so I know who I would be doing to.

That is a really good point.

There are only a small number of qualified canine chiropractors in Brisbane. There are some qualified canine physiotherapists that work slightly differently.

Rowan is a qualified chiro as well as his other veterinary qualifications and is also known for his acupuncture and his holistic style. I've never seen him, but over the years there have been so many good reports.

At the very least, people should check the qualifications of who they are using. Personally I would always take a conformation or movement problem to an orthopedic surgeon for their opinion before starting chiropractic treatment, if it was something my own vet couldn't deal with.

I'm not sure why your breeder recommended a chiro if you have not yet seen a vet about it. Not all leg problems can be fixed with chiropody.

My guys go to Rowan Kilmartin at Animal Options (ormeau).

Ph: 5546 6756.

Lottie goes here as well (thanks to DOLers help), and he's great!! :D The change in her after seeing him was amazing!!

Edited by Beth.

Just a word for the wise - Gary may be great but he is not registered and cannot legally dispense drugs.....should anything go wrong you may not have a leg to stand on (no pun intended) - best to stick to a registered chiro.....

Ive been to Gary once...and regret it...PM me if you would like more info, but definitely go for a registered chiro

Its not just my experience either, I know of a horrific story of a dog that was PTS...her problem should have been picked up by a chiro, but it wasn't until it was too late

ETA, this dogs problem was never picked up by the chiro, I just thought I should point that out

Edited by GoldenGirl85