Neuter Ch Classes- A Question To Ask

InspectorRex

Hi,

I dont show a Neuter but was thinking......definately need to get more shows to offer these classes.....but the owners of Neuters need to be a bit more proactive and either petition Club Secretaries and/or join Clubs and give yourselves a voice......then these classes also need to be supported with entries and it might be a good idea if Neuter owners offer to donate the sashes.

With the points.......maybe what could happen there is with NIG the winner gets an additional point for every Neuter entered in the Group to a Max of 25 and the same for NIS with the points not accumulating. Just a thought.....

Great idea Showpony. Some of us are already doing this, including myself and quite a few others here on DOL.

I am not having much success trying to get clubs to run Neuter classes, but others may be.

I enter every Neuter class within 4.5 hrs drive that I do not have a specialty on the same day as. I may even skip one or two specialties next year to get to the show running Neuter classes, not sure yet, but will probably put in an entry anyway to support the club that is offering the classes.

I am unsure of what else I can do. :confused:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I dont show a Neuter but was thinking......definately need to get more shows to offer these classes.....but the owners of Neuters need to be a bit more proactive and either petition Club Secretaries and/or join Clubs and give yourselves a voice......then these classes also need to be supported with entries and it might be a good idea if Neuter owners offer to donate the sashes.

With the points.......maybe what could happen there is with NIG the winner gets an additional point for every Neuter entered in the Group to a Max of 25 and the same for NIS with the points not accumulating. Just a thought.....

So a NIG should get more points but a REAL class, say Intermediate In Group doesn't get any more points, sure that makes sense NOT.

At The Rock yesterday there were TWO neuters! OK, it was sweeps and no points on offer but if, as has been stated many many times, your dogs REALLY want to just show, then where are you all? I hear how ALL these people with neuters want more shows to offer the class but am yet to hear of a decent entry when shows DO offer this class. Now some of you are saying you should get more classes, even your own group, and more points! Maybe when there is actually a reasonable amount of neuters being shown these things could be considered. Instead of campaigning shows to put on the classes maybe you should be campaigning the owners of neuters who say they really want to show.

THAT .....

I think more Neuters would be entered if the schedule had the Neuter Classes highlighted in some way to show exhibitors that the Neuter Classes are on offer insteasd of just tagging the Neuter Class number on the end of Open, Class 11/11A

Thats how I see it attracting more entries for Neuter anyway

oh that's just ridiculous

Instead of campaigning shows to put on the classes maybe you should be campaigning the owners of neuters who say they really want to show.

I would agree with this. To only have 10 entries for a metro show is very disappointing, OVCC had about that many earlier in the year and we are a long way from being metro.

And FWIW I have just signed off on the schedule for next year and yes class 18 is tagged on to the end, right after 11. :rofl:

What we need is the public informed that classes are available for their neuters.

Most believe that they can not show.

Since the ruling has come in for them to be able show, there has been no publicity or encouragement for neuter owners to enter.

To get this off the ground we need to give vastly reduced membership or free membership for six months or some such thing.

What we need is the public informed that classes are available for their neuters.

Since the ruling has come in for them to be able show, there has been no publicity or encouragement for neuter owners to enter.

To get this off the ground we need to give vastly reduced membership or free membership for six months or some such thing.

Great idea oakway.

And another thought along a similar line, how about our state CCs offering free transfer from Mains Register to Mains Neuter Register for a period of time also.. I can't remember, but am pretty sure there is a cost involved in this?

Great idea oakway.

And another thought along a similar line, how about our state CCs offering free transfer from Mains Register to Mains Neuter Register for a period of time also.. I can't remember, but am pretty sure there is a cost involved in this?

VCA charges to change over which is a bloody rip off. All they should need to do is sight the desexing certificate and enter it on the computer but no they want your original rego cert so they can print you out a new one and charge you for it.

Great idea oakway.

VCA charges to change over which is a bloody rip off. All they should need to do is sight the desexing certificate and enter it on the computer but no they want your original rego cert so they can print you out a new one and charge you for it.

Yep charges like wounded bulls for sweet F*(&(*& all. ;)

Great idea oakway.

Yep charges like wounded bulls for sweet F*(&(*& all. ;)

It just appears to me that when some one comes up with an idea that may work and get people back into show ring our controlling bodies do nothing to encourage it.

It never fails to amaze me that all our office staff in each state rely on our memberships, registrations, all other fees that are collectable and what with the declining membership one would think that our state body secretary’s would do something to ensure some publicity was given to the matter to ensure the safety of their and their staff's positions.

I can see in the near future job cuts for their staff if matter do not improve.

Whilst we're on the subject of "neuters" and showing. It's a timely reminder to the breeders who neuter and rehome, to make sure they down grade the dog or bitch to the limit register, if you don;t want to see something you don;t consider worthy, popping up in the ring.

For those who are screaming blue murder at the apparent lack of a neuter class, send in some entries, when you see the class advertised, regardless if you can get there or not and support the clubs.

Yes, very frustrating. I'm sitting on a bitch with two BNIS's and multiple NIG awards, but claiming six points at the end of the day. Frustrating to sit and look at both VCA and Dogs NSW magazines in this month to find neuter classes offered up in Sydney (six + hours) away and specialty clubs offering them only. We have begged, pleaded and offered sponsorship for the classes in our local clubs, only to be turned down....scuse me? We're offering to PAY for the sashes, supply the trophies....and it's refused? I just don't get it!

And for all those people who whinge on DOL about lack of services, support,discounts etc........how many of you actually go to the ONLY source that can change anything.....your state CC????

My states rules don't allow for it.

But I will fight for the right for others to be able to have it.

Queensland is the throws of a big up heaval at the moment and there is little that can be done at this time.

Whilst we're on the subject of "neuters" and showing. It's a timely reminder to the breeders who neuter and rehome, to make sure they down grade the dog or bitch to the limit register, if you don;t want to see something you don;t consider worthy, popping up in the ring.

For those who are screaming blue murder at the apparent lack of a neuter class, send in some entries, when you see the class advertised, regardless if you can get there or not and support the clubs.

This brings in my argument that if neuter class should take off the controlling bodies should look at a third class of registration.

1. Open or Main registration as it is now

2. Neuter self explanatory

3. Limited for those dogs that are not to be shown = i.e. mismarks, bad mouths etc.

I run several shows in Country NSW, and all the shows have had Neuter Classes (18/18a) since they were able to gain points. At one show of 320 entries there were 22 Neuters, and when I spoke to all the owners/exhibitors, it turned out that they had brought other dogs with them too, so there was a huge gain for the Show. The only extra cost, apart from sashes is for the Neuter certificates which are a huge 40cents each! It would be wonderful to have at least class 18 offered at all shows (other Neuter Classes can be added when the numbers grow- which they will!). Do show secretaries consider dropping another class because there are only a few entries- for example Minor puppy? I have been at shows where there has only been 4 dogs in a Minor In Show line up!

Neuter exhibitors, please note-the following shows in NSW in 2012will have Neuter Classes- Rylstone Kandos Show (February), Mudgee Show Society (March) Dogs NSW Western Region(April) Wellington Show (May), Rylstone Kandos and District (July)!!

Hi,

So a NIG should get more points but a REAL class, say Intermediate In Group doesn't get any more points, sure that makes sense NOT.

At The Rock yesterday there were TWO neuters! OK, it was sweeps and no points on offer but if, as has been stated many many times, your dogs REALLY want to just show, then where are you all? I hear how ALL these people with neuters want more shows to offer the class but am yet to hear of a decent entry when shows DO offer this class. Now some of you are saying you should get more classes, even your own group, and more points! Maybe when there is actually a reasonable amount of neuters being shown these things could be considered. Instead of campaigning shows to put on the classes maybe you should be campaigning the owners of neuters who say they really want to show.

Edited by Showpony

Hi,

Hi,

Yes, for neuters NIG is equivalent to BIG.......and in the scheme of things atm they are not going to get too many extra points anyway.......and if the classes aren't given how can neuter owners enter.........all neuter owners can do is campaign and get the word out not only to the Clubs but to other Neuter owners as well, it's like what cames first the chicken or the egg.......maybe a Neuter Owners Association or Club is needed,

There is no such thing as Neuter in Group, there are specific classes that are available. A dog could win Junior Neuter in group and win no points because there was an Open Neuter in the same breed that took out the breed then went on to ON in group. It is the same as classes. The BOB Neuters don't automatically all go up against each other unless the only class offered is 18/A.

Maybe if the class was better supported it could justify the CC's arguing for more points to be available. The NT has supported the class prior to the class being given the points recognition. We often have a large percentage of our entries being neuter compared to the numbers quoted in this thread.