Is It Sad

wantsapuppy

that i have names for dogs we dont even have but will be getting. HMMMM :rofl:

I've been getting a GR for years...she was going to be called Clover...then when I was in a position to buy I found my pup, and forgot all about Clover and decided on the name Koda.....but I kept looking at her photo, and Koda didn't fit, so Lexi she became :)

LOL I bred a Cavalier puppy that I kept and had all sorts of wonderful names thought up for her before she was even conceived but she got nicknamed "Clover" as when born her markings looked like a cloverleaf.

And the name stuck so Clover she is. :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had Thomas tentatively picked out for a future dog for a while now, although when push comes to shove, I'm not sure if I could use it: I have a cousin named Thomas. I'm fairly sure the extended family are still pretty bewildered by James though, for various reasons, so Thomas probably wouldn't be too questionable :laugh:

Guest donatella

Not at all. I have a Lucy who is only 6 months old and i'm dying to get another pup (a boy) so I can have a Luca. Lucy and Luca I should only have to call out one name for both to come running :laugh:

Brembo and Sierra were already named before they were born.

My OH is into cars so we had already decided we would have a Koni (expensive suspension) and Brembo (premium brakes). We adopted a rescue dobe girl that was named Koda - changed it to Koni. Sadly she was PTS 4 months after we got her.

We then adopted Brembo from the RSPCA - filled out the paperwork and entered in his name (was Spot at the RSPCA!)

When we were looking for a female we had discussed names well in advance. I had suggested Lowndesie (after Craig Lowndes), Frosty (Mark Winterbottom), Ambrose (Marcus Ambrose). We couldnt have Shelby (Shelby Mustang) as that is my sisters name, and OH didnt like Falcon, Pursuit or GT. So he suggested Sierra after the Ford Sierra Cosworth. We now have ********** Lady Cosworth, call name Sierra. :)

I would love to name my future great dane pup after one of my favourite songs and artist but I will have to see if the breeder is open to that (plus its 6-10 years away). I like ********* Forty Six and Two, call name Maynard or Keenan (Tool song Forty Six & 2, lead singer of Tool, Maynard James Keenan).

Ruby was always going to be Bella. For years I dreamt of a yellow female Lab called Bella. Time came to go on the hunt for a puppy, circumstances in the family meant I couldn't use the name anymore, so my mum suggested Ruby. I instantly knew that was it!

Millie was never picked out. Came about because her name by her previous owners was Lily but I found that too much of a tongueful to use!

I have my next dog's name picked out, call name and registered name if my breeder gives me the choice :) He will probably be 2 years away :D

amypie, you mentioned the name Ebony - if I ever got a black Lab girl her name will probably be Ebony or Lucy. Lucy was reserved for my future Beagle, but I don't think I will ever get a Beagle now. And if I ever get my Aussie, her call name is already picked out, too :)

our next lab will be a girl who will be named Luna...we seem to always pic literary names. Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter :laugh: Wilbur was from Charlottes web...his second name is Atticus from To Kill A Mockingbird. Luna's second name will be Anouk...from the book (now movie) Chocolat and its sequel The Lollipop Shoes.

Truly I wish I was in your situation. We're the sort of family who bring home the pet and spend the first week calling them pup or kitty until we can think of a name... I have lots of names for females - I want a female black doberman called Vada and a female Ridegback called Isis but unfortunately, I keep coming home with boys. So we have a dog called Sam.

I can't decide.

Our next family member has to start with 'F' though, as that is the next letter in our alphabet.

I want 'Fridge' to go with Esky, but OH thinks it's stupid. :laugh:

I like Fridge :laugh: Or you could go with Freezer. Or Fosters... that goes in the Esky :laugh:

I can't decide.

Our next family member has to start with 'F' though, as that is the next letter in our alphabet.

I want 'Fridge' to go with Esky, but OH thinks it's stupid. :laugh:

I like Fridge :laugh: Or you could go with Freezer. Or Fosters... that goes in the Esky :laugh:

LOve this one hahaha