Yeast Infections

My friend has a shitzu x maltese he was at the vets a few months ago and she was told he had a yeast infection, he was doing really well she thought it was gone, i saw him yesterday and he did not look very good, skin had gone dark, missing fur he looks awful. she is taking him to the vet in the morning but i just wanted to see if i can give her some advice. she is pretty worried about him.

i dont know much about it but but would a change in diet help him?

My friend has a shitzu x maltese he was at the vets a few months ago and she was told he had a yeast infection, he was doing really well she thought it was gone, i saw him yesterday and he did not look very good, skin had gone dark, missing fur he looks awful. she is taking him to the vet in the morning but i just wanted to see if i can give her some advice. she is pretty worried about him.

Was the last yeast infection no treated?

No carbs as sugar feeds yeast.

Prescribed systemic antifungals.

Malaseb washes once a week.

Keep dog clean, well groomed/trimmed and dry, especially mouth, ears and feet around paws and claws.

yes it was teated by a vet and she got some injection and she also got a special wash but im sure that was a few months ago it had all cleared up and when i saw him i could not believe how bad he looked and he was only bath last week.

i have told her to change his diet as well and she is seeing the vet tomorrow

Was the last yeast infection no treated?

No carbs as sugar feeds yeast.

Prescribed systemic antifungals.

Malaseb washes once a week.

Keep dog clean, well groomed/trimmed and dry, especially mouth, ears and feet around paws and claws.

I still fee a kibble with carbs in but no wheat when my dogs has yeast infection

has the dog had blood tests done.. in partucular a full thyroid panel ( yes i know i go on and on about this) i have had several dogs withthyroid problems.. two of which had initially been treated for yeast and allergies.. all symptoms cleared once an accurate dx and appropriate treatemnt started..

cheers

helen

ps. it is not an expensive test and if nothing else serves ti eliminate a cause. but the full panel needs to be tested not just the T4 levels