What Is The Worst Thing Your Dog Has Eaten?

dubbleyoo

Oh dear - my girl is now 4 so has finally slowed down on her eating habits. She has a cast iron stomach and fortunately has not required any drastic medical intervention other than my vet yelling at me (and me crying). I will try and list the more special items that I can remember:

- a 6 x 6 foot corner lounge (stuffing and timber)

- a mobile phone

- bits off every remote control we own

- my beloved Powderfinger concert dvd

- tampons (used and not mine)

- an entire packet of contraceptive pills

- an entire packet of heartworm tabs

- an entire packet of anti-depressants

- numerous tubs of vaseline

- numerous lip balms - no particular flavour favourite

- family sized blocks of chocolate

- the handles off every clothes basket we own

- two backpacks

- a wire waste paper basket

- thongs

- ear plugs (used and mine)

- an energy saving lightbulb

- christmas decorations

- christmas gifts

- two dictionaries

- a dog stair (carpet covering and timber)

- boxes of aloe vera tissues (only that type and certainly not toilet paper or paper towels!)

- the arms off two brand new lounges

- the clips off the bottom of every single doona cover we own

- the usual pillows (lounge and bed) and doonas (stuffing lover)

- stuffed toys that belonged to humans

- bean bag beans

- a feathered fascinator

PS that is a winner. :thumbsup:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have to do show and tell for work most days it got so ridiculous. Our house looks like toddlers live here because nothing is on lower surfaces still.

I also forgot that she till loves toilet brushes and holders - we've probably replaced four so far and the current one only has a handle about 2 inches long.

Sally was an eater - her "best" score was a Freddo from an individually wrapped multi-pack THAT WAS CLOSED & ON THE DINING ROOM TABLE!!! :mad If I hadn't walked in and caught her at it, Mr Haf would have copped the blame for that one!!

- chillies (off the plant!)

- capsicums

- beans (oh heck - the whole veggie garden has been attacked at some point!)

- sticks

- firewood (gnaws on the ends)

- string

- little stones

- anything plastic

- chook poop

- chook food

- etc etc etc

Worst thing she ever ate was rat bait from under the neighbours house.. :(

Expensive little vet trip, that one!

Digby is a really naughty eater.... his list includes:

- the heel of a shoe.

- underpants

-Socks

-hankies, which he tears up like minties wrappers and eats then poos out. (my husband managed to photograph this particular event mid poo to show me cause he didnt know what it was, so maybe this thread doesn't need photos tlc rofl1.gif)

-anything that he can snatch off the bench or out of the bin.

He has very much slowed on the inedible much preferring the edible these days.

Tilly is a completely different story,,, she likes to eat:

-Dog Beds

-Dog pillows

-Beds

-Anything with fluff in it

-beds

-carpet

-did I say beds?

Oh I forgot...

Digby also loves toilet brushes, and generally any thing with bristles which he likes to pull out one by one, including toothbrushes and brooms. (loves rakes to, but cannot pull bristles out of them)

Very early on he ate right through the cord of my MacBook air. It was basically brand new and we live like 300kms from the nearest mac store, and my computer was useless without it.. :( needless to say I made a trip to Melbourne quite soon after that to the Genius Bar, where I complained that my puppy ate my cord.... they gave me a free one to replace it with.. thumbsup1.gif $90 worth of free cord.. love awesome customer service.

Edited by AmaCam+Digby

My nearly 13 year old RR has a thing about aloe vera plants. Ever since she was a puppy she would chew the leaves into little pieces and spit them out....effectively pruning the plant.

In our current house (we moved here in March) there were some beautiful mature Aloe Vera plants in numerous spots.

First she "pruned" them and than she decided to rip them out by the roots and tear them to shreds. All of this was done with an intense look of distast on her face.

I really think she hates aloe vera plants!! lol :laugh:

My other RR who is nearly 18 months now, chews everything. But I will admit that he has started to slow down. I can actually leave apair of shoes out of the shoe box for longer that 5 minutes and not have him chew them to pieces :thumbsup: Yeah!!

And he also eats cow and horse poo, chicken poo, the scraps for the chickens etc anything feral, and if he can't eat it he will try and roll in it!! :eek:

ETA My first RR boy had a thing for butter. He would steal whole tubs of butter off the bench in the kitchen and eat it all in one go, the whole 500gms. He loved the stuff!! lol

Edited by Huntia

When Kiara was a puppy she ate an entire lemon meringue cheesecake off the table, which I had just made for visitors. She has chewed lots of things in the past, but that's probably the worst thing she's actually eaten. Heidi chews a bit, but she has not been able to make a dent in anything :laugh: It's so much easier having a tiny puppy.

Mischief my Lab x has eaten one potted rose pot and all and the whole contents of the kitty litter tray when it was dirty. I also think she may have eaten some of the septic stuff that came out of the pipe when the sewer pipe in my parents backyard burst.

She has also chewed through 3 chain link fences ripping the chain right off the steel posts, 5 dog beds, 5 snooza beds, 1 deck umbrella, 3 BBQ covers, 2 hammocks, 4 deck banana lounges, 1 day bed, 2 bathroom curtains, the bathtub, multiple towels, her dog run box the wooden bit and the steel mesh she also put bite marks into the moulded plastic kennel that goes into the wooden bit, 1 collaspible crate, 4 tarps and multiple times she has pulled the old pailing off the fence in order to chew them.

Most of this damage though was done while she was freaking out during thunderstorms so I don't know if it counts.

--Lhok

editing to add that I got Mischief at 18 months and she is almost 11

Edited by Lhok

Seven kilos of Eukanuba. In one sitting. Broke into the bucket that had it in... yeah, got a storage container after that!

:eek: How big is the dog?

That beats the 5 kilos of mince and a bottle of cod liver oil, a friend's 20kg dog ate.

*snortlaugh* That's him in my signature, 27 kilos. He's a lab cross, so that's what did it. Never trust a lab with food! Prior to this happening, when Zeke was still a puppy, I happened to have a bag of Bonnie given to me and stored it in another bucket with a handle still on it. Mum woke up at two in the morning and though she saw a black dog jumping the fence and trotting over the (fortunately empty) road holding the handle of the bucket in his mouth. Naturally she thought she was dreaming and went back to sleep. We found out the next day, the neighbour's black lab Bob had come over to visit and left with Zeke's bucket of food! :rofl: He was fine by the way, he had a more castiron stumach than Zeke, we estimate he ate nearly ten kilos. He didn't accept any more food for the next two days apparantly! Though I am happy to report Bob's family built him a much bigger fence and he is now safely contained.

Haha omg you poor poor people!! The worst thing that Hugo has ever "eaten" or chewed on, is my spare sports bottles that I leave laying around on the floor (my fault, really, I give him old bottles to chew on and then I'm surprised when he grabs one of mine and I expect him to distinguish the two).

When I was growing up, we had a blue heeler x dingo that my mother rescued from the pound. We used to live down the road from the local take away chicken shop. He got out one day, and was gone for ages. When he eventually came back, the smell that was coming off him was rank. We were all dry-retching. He had gone down behind the chicken shop where they emptied out the oils from the bottom of the roaster. He had a wonderful time digging through the skip eating off chicken and rolling and licking up the rank oil and fat. He threw it all up not long after my dad hosed him down. Ew :vomit:

My current dog, Stella, has cost us at least $5000 damage from her eating things. The list is too long but includes new mobile phones, reverse cycle air con remotes and books (into confetti).