You Cant Be Serious!

Nic.B

Sorry, just a rant.

I was just heading up to the shop and heard the better homes and gardens radio show.

I am sure it was Dr Chris Brown who was recomending breeds for the best family dog.

Number five was Pugs, Number four was labs or retrievers though only the goldens/yellows as chocolate and black labs have issues :rolleyes:

I missed number three as I was opening the gate.

Number two was....wait for it! Anything ending with oodle :mad

Missed number one as I was closing the gate and had the dogs in the car with me.

I cant believe it! God knows how many people listened to his recomendations.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Number two was....wait for it! Anything ending with oodle

great! :mad

lets just encourage puppy farming cross breeds & giving them a new name so people beleive there a breed and charge pedigree prices.

i'd like to know the others.

i guess the choc labs and black labs do have issues ITS A LITTLE HARDER TO FIND A NEW PUP cause there is alot more gold advertised. thats all!

Aside form the cross-breed promotion and colour bias :mad

What do people think of the other choices of purebred dogs?

Personally I think in general they are quite good choices.

I think Cavs, Pugs and Labs (and GRs) can make lovely family dogs. I don't really know much about mini schnauzers but they seem to have a lot of personality and of course are very cute.

Those black labs- you better watch out for them!

Here is mine dominating me, you can see how frightening she is :laugh:

post-31284-0-25436600-1320448601_thumb.jpg

SO vicious.

To think I let my poor innocent dobie play with Mindy... If only I'd known. Someone needs to inform Guide Dogs right away!

Not so much a "lap" dog - she's more of a "whole body" dog, isn't she? :laugh::love:

I love whole body dogs :) We are lucky to find room on the couch!

I rang up one of those radio shows once and asked him some questions. When I quizzed his answer they pulled the plug on me! :laugh:

I'd like to ring up again and ask how he can justify being against puppy farms yet recommend types of dogs where the majority are supplied from. Maybe we need to ask him these questions in the public arena.

Number 3 was a mini schnauzer and number 1 - wait for it - is a Cavalier King Charles, but crossed with something... anything!! I heard it on Melbourne radio as I was driving to work.

Thank goodness I was not the only one. What did you think personally?

Aside form the cross-breed promotion and colour bias :mad

What do people think of the other choices of purebred dogs?

Personally I think in general they are quite good choices.

I think Cavs, Pugs and Labs (and GRs) can make lovely family dogs. I don't really know much about mini schnauzers but they seem to have a lot of personality and of course are very cute.

I didnt like the segment myself. Labs and GR's can be a handful (as with any breed) I have owned two who I adored but gosh they were more than your average bear for most puppy buying owners and did not settle down (well slightly) until 3 or 4 years of age.

Dr Chriss also stated re ooddles that they were allergy free and therefor good for families, which also rubbed me the wrong way.

Perhaps bronsonb can share a little more :) As I missed quite a bit of it.

Edited by Nic.B

post-31284-0-25436600-1320448601_thumb.jpg

SO vicious.

To think I let my poor innocent dobie play with Mindy... If only I'd known. Someone needs to inform Guide Dogs right away!

Yup, he was lucky to escape from the encounter alive :laugh:

How infuriating.

And it completley misses the point that EVERY FAMILY is different. A GR or Lab won't suit everyone the same as a Pug won't suit everyone. Getting a breed soley on "they are the best family dog" is a terrible idea. Hmm... unknowledegable family with multiple young children and not much spare time with a rambunctious young lab? Sonds like a recipe for success....

Anything ending with oodle? that really narrows it down to a good idea of what you'll be getting.